oil problem

cyclotegra

Hi, Im having an oil problem. Its not leaking or anything like that. Here is what is going on.

I was driving the car today, everything was ok, I know it was getting a little low on oil, so I figured I would put some in, until I get the oil changed. When I was done, and went to start, it started up fine, but when I went to drive, it started sputtering like it was only on 2 cyclnders or something, and then started smoking, and the smoking only got worse, like billowing out.

The only thing that I can determine is that I overflowed and put to much oil in, but Im not complete sure. IF any one can help, and give me some advice on what to do here, that would be great, thanks

James

unless you put in like 2qts of oil more then needed I don't see how that would happen especially that quick...

this car is non turbo right?

the oil cap was put back on right and the dipstick back in and tight

check your oil now and tell us where it reads on the dipstick.

did you maybe pull a spark plug wires loose accidently?

cyclotegra

Well Im thinking maybe I did put too much oil in, not sure on if its 2quarts or not.

IT is just a regular engine, no mods, no turbo or anything

the cap and dipstick are on nice and tight.

I checked the dipstick and it was full of oil, so means too full right?

and no, didnt pull any sparkplug wires or anything.

mirrorimg

There's 2 dots on the dipstick. How much over the topmost hole are you.

blaketeg

I <3 Boost
well i never heard of to much oil causing a problem like this

do you have a check engine light on?

mirrorimg

Well you can get under the car and drain some.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
Its only supposed to be at or a little below the top dot.

If thats fine, I'm thinking the piston rings are done. Pull out the spark plugs to see if theres oil on em.

cyclotegra

well i never heard of to much oil causing a problem like this

do you have a check engine light on?
No, no check engine light is on, all that stuff is normal

Well you can get under the car and drain some.
Yea Im going to do that tommorow

Its only supposed to be at or a little below the top dot.

If thats fine, I'm thinking the piston rings are done. Pull out the spark plugs to see if theres oil on em.
I will check the plugs tommorow, I mean it did that smoking right after I added and then started it up, it was never doing it before, even with 245k on the motor....

you overflowed it. don't drive it until you drain that shit out. you're going to ruin some seals and o-rings, and if too overflowed, oil may make its way up the cylinders and possibly damage connecting rods.

cyclotegra

it's burning oil
So say I drain all the oil in it now, and fill it properly like I should of first off, then what will the outcome be? Im not an expert on motors or anything, so excuse my lack of experience here... also, what all could be damaged from this, if anything?, thanks