ok, now im kinda worried

XTurboAcuraX

just found out that tegs get broken into and stolen a lot. should i be worried? should i consider on buying a turbocharged eclipse. what do you guys think? i have been wanting to get an import sports car for a long time. the gsr and gst/gsx are pretty much at the same price. about 10 thousand. i want a teg, but now im kinda worried about it getting stolen and $hit. can you guys tell me more about the eclipses?

now its a couple of hours later. i thought about how many people have hondas. if acuras are easy to get into, hondas must be easy to get into as well since they are made by the same maker. some people drive tegs at my school (not gsr though) and they seem to be okay. i mean, maybe $hit happens in the big cities and smaller cities are okay.
im just thinking of ways to calm myself since a really want a gsr.

Last edited:

01cleatus

Honestly tegs get stolen alot bu at the same time if your in a place where cars are getting stolen alot then a GSX/GST is goin to get stolen too because of the kind of car it is. Honestly I know I said that they are easy to break into but honestly what car isn't. Plus I am pretty good at doin it. I never stole anything from anybody but at the same time I am the person people call to get into or break into something. I once broke into a caprice which is a cop car if you didn't know and that only took me honestly 35 seconds which is a long time but not really. Just get good insurance and if you have anything really worth alot of money get that insured too.

DJNAS

HUSTLING FOR A HUSTLER
XTurboAcuraX said:
just found out that tegs get broken into and stolen a lot. should i be worried? should i consider on buying a turbocharged eclipse. what do you guys think? i have been wanting to get an import sports car for a long time. the gsr and gst/gsx are pretty much at the same price. about 10 thousand. i want a teg, but now im kinda worried about it getting stolen and $hit. can you guys tell me more about the eclipses?

now its a couple of hours later. i thought about how many people have hondas. if acuras are easy to get into, hondas must be easy to get into as well since they are made by the same maker. some people drive tegs at my school (not gsr though) and they seem to be okay. i mean, maybe $hit happens in the big cities and smaller cities are okay.

just get a good alarm .... on your car ... if they want your car they will take it no matter what .. at leat a alarm will not make you worry as much ... :p

MoJoJoJo

Banned
if they want in your teg, they will get in...you can prevent or maybe be more aware of your teg by parking in well secured areas. in a crowded parking where ppl walk by, under a good lighted area at nite, just the lil stuff that can prevent theft. an alarm would prolly help prevent theft better than anything, but it has to be a good alarm. now adays when a arlam siren goes off nobody really cares, loud sirens wouldnt really make a difference. two way pager sys. however lets you kno whats happening wit your car when your not even around it. good alarm sys. gives you the features such as glassmite, kill switch, etc... but one of the best things out there is "Lo Jack" if your car gets stolen you can call Lo Jack and they will track down your car, in many cases your car will be recovered within hours. Lo Jack works with your local police department nationwide. once a car is stolen, Lo Jack will inform your local police department, officers will have the car's location, where's it heading. its like navagation sys.

XTurboAcuraX

how much does lo jack cost? and better insurance is pretty much out of the question. my mom will pay for it and when it comes to insurance she is cheap. she doesn't like the idea of paying them just in case some $hit happens. it's like throwing money away. so far i have stuck to min coverage and it probably won't change. just the way my mom is. however she might pay for some of the security stuff like alarms. and i am thinking about things like a fuel shut of switch. even i should be able to install one even though i live in an apartment, where i don't have a garage. but my car will be kept under this roof where light shines on it all the time. i guess that's a plus.

DownShift96GSR

Integras and Civics etc. get stolen because of the engine mainly. The news in my city did a report a while back on them.. Lo Jack is real good stuff. Glass mite, proximity, sensors, all the good stuff. Or if anything, get The Club.

MoJoJoJo

Banned
Lo Jack is a insurance friendly product, with Lo Jack, your insurance will go down, on the cost? i'm not sure i got it install at the dealership, when i bought my car the price was included. stop by any audio car shop or alarm place and they should have a price for you. now lo jack is a theft recovery sys. it doesnt work if you dont call it in. it wont work if you dont know its missing. some ppl will just go in and steal your audio equpiment or etc... in those cases Lo jack is useless becuz the car is still in your parkling lot and has not moved. if you had a alarm however you can prevent theft of parts in your car.

Spectacula Acura

The club is for your steering wheel, its a POS dude all u do is cut the steering wheel. they are thin for safety in a crash, and DONT get an Eclipse they are girly cars in my opinon,(no offense CI ladies) plus they are not as sexy as a DC2 haha. I saw this product on tv that locks on your clutch pedal and thats "supposedly" the strongest part of the car. Ill look in to it. Basically cars get stolen if they are cool, if you put money in your ride you will ultimately become a target in your area.
peace AB 8)

DC2_Project

any car can get stolen man not just tegs and civics, they are just the ones that are stolen by other kids. get whatever car you want but make sure you lock your doors and dont leave the keys in and get some money to get a decent alarm

slikk

Money Getter
XTurboAcuraX said:

thives have been around as long as greed and will always exist. people will take you shyt no matter what it looks like, popular sport cars wil always be a target because the parts are always in need.

take the office for example leave your new pen out during your lunch hour and see how lucky you are to find it when you return.

tegs_r_phat

Theres a pretty good reason why integras get stolen so much...especially gsr's...motor swaps are a popular thing these days and b18c's go well with civics. Little weight lot a power