ok so i'm having an issue....

Dtackett

Ok so I turn the key to start my car and it turns over and starts fine, so long as I hold it just before it grinds the starter. If I let go it dies like I turned the key to accessory. I think its the ignition switch. I have to get this fixed ASAP so please quick responses.

Dtackett

Ok so the ignition switch assembly is 200$ and I don't have that (if its that) so I'm thinking of installing a push button ignition with a hidden toggle switch for the power. If its that does anyone got any tips?

myxintegra

Extreme Music Addict
Or you can go and get it at a local Honda dealership. Up to you. Junkyard would be the best price. I would not suggest a engine start button.. those are just so not worth it. Keep it OEM. If you have more things in your car that are unnecessary, you'll have more problems in the near future.

SN1P3R

did u check your starter teeth? sounds to me u have a couple or at least one bad tooth on starter

Ok so the ignition switch assembly is 200$ and I don't have that (if its that) so I'm thinking of installing a push button ignition with a hidden toggle switch for the power. If its that does anyone got any tips?
I got mine from Advance for like $60. Works just fine.

No body has any advice on this?
If you are dead set on a push button I can give you a simple write up on how to do it. Will cost you about $20.

Dtackett

Starter teeth are fine, it has nothing to do with the starter. It's the ignition switch assembly.

I am debating on the starter button, and like the idea of it. I'm all about customization. Oem means that you have the same as everyone else. To me, its not my car until I make it my car.

I have a few write UPS I've looked at but I won't deny another one.

Dtackett

Starter teeth are fine, it has nothing to do with the starter. It's the ignition switch assembly.

I am debating on the starter button, and like the idea of it. I'm all about customization. Oem means that you have the same as everyone else. To me, its not my car until I make it my car.

I have a few write UPS I've looked at but I won't deny another one.

Scarykiiid

Originally Posted by Ominous G2 View Post
I think you are picking out one bad car, compared to the 100s running around running fine.

That's like saying no to a BJ because your friends girlfriend had braces and he had a bad experience.

^^^^^^lmao^^^^^^ im w him tho dude.

Dtackett

Thanks for the advice guys but my dude works at a shop and the shops gonna cut me a break. So I'm taking it to them.

nemethjames1

the electrical part goes bad. just remove the clam shell and unscrew the elctronic part from the ignition lock. and and unplug it .. the junkyard is the best place to go.. but you might get lucky if you take it apart and spray white greese into the electronic part and work it around.. its worked for me several times at the shop. quick and easy fix. but sometimes the metal connectors get bent inside and stop making contact.