Ok To Take Off Heatshields ?

DC2Integ

I ♥ My Integra
So as most of you know i got an RSR Exmag recently but the damn thing keeps banging up against the heatshields so today i took them off and i was just wondering what are the consequences of doing so ? i have no more rattiling but sometimes i smell like something is burning and i dont know what it is. i got some heatwrap from a friend and i was thinking of putting that on so would that be cool if i just wrapped the parts on the exhaust pipi9ng where the heatshields used to be ?

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
i took my heaetsheilds off because they rattled.. its been fine.. only thing is that the shifter gets warm but not burning.. thats about it..

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
It will be fine. I had mine off for a while.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
maybe im just paranoid. you smell anything burning ?
Nope. You shouldn't be able to smell anything burning. Like Coy said, the shifter will get a little warm, but not hot. So don't worry about burning your hand. My Spoon Duracon shift knob doesn't get hot or cold, so I don't notice the heat at all.

tvvennytvven

whats going on everyone. im a fairly new integra owner (94 ls) and was looking all over the internet for this EXACT question and was happy to find it. anyway, i just wanted to ask how many bolts are there to take off the heatshields?? reason is my integra is sittin real nice and low on some blades and before i jacked it up to atleast take a peek i wanted to know if its even worth doing it on my own or just take it to a shop? Do acura dealerships do this kind of thing for free cause from what ive read on this website its a common problem. thanks hope 2 hear from someone

P.S. where is the section where we can talk about an oil leak problem haha I cant pinpoint where its coming from...:???: