Oleg: 2001 Integra GS-R

prophetDB7

welcome to the forums! mmmm, red with black rims. nice gs-r. looking at your mod list, you've done a lot in less than a year. what's next?

jcrabb13

Registered Abuser
i thought you said on a tight budget? lol car looks good!

j13

Keep It Clean
welcome to CI, sweet dc2! it would look sick with an itr wing

Oleg

Thanks guys.

welcome to the forums! mmmm, red with black rims. nice gs-r. looking at your mod list, you've done a lot in less than a year. what's next?
Actually I did most of the work in the first month of owning the car - clutch and turbo install. I haven't done much of anything all winter and just some minor things this spring.

Next on my To Do list is a paint job. The Milano Red is fading bad at this point. My hood is completely pink. So I'll probably be painting it this month.
After that, it is probably going to be more boost, more tuning, and more weight reduction. Hopefully I can take it to a dyno to see what she puts down (I am street tuning it)

i thought you said on a tight budget? lol car looks good!
Well I paid $5,500 for the car and I spent a little under $3,000 on all mods - turbo setup, wheels, tires, suspension, etc. I saved a lot by doing everything myself and because I had some parts laying around from my old turbo Civic. So it was put together on a relatively tight budget.

welcome to CI, sweet dc2! it would look sick with an itr wing
Thanks. I am still undecided on the wing. I agree - an ITR wing would look good... but possibly attract unwanted attention. Right now it is wingless but I am not sure I like that look anymore. I am kinda leaning towards putting the stock wing back on.

Oleg

Well after changing my mind a hundred times about whether I want to do the bodywork myself and about what color I want to paint her... I finally made a decision lol

Car went under the knife today. I am doing everything myself.

Getting started.

First thing is first - a big mug of cold brew

Here are some before pictures to show you why I was so anxious to do this.

Dent in the hood

Here you can see how faded the rear bumper is

Faded drivers side 1/4 panel

RUST

Crack in drivers door... I wonder what is under it...

So there was a nice present waiting for me under that crack! - 1/2 inch of Bondo, 1/4 inch of rust and a hole in the door! WTF??? Here are some pics of that mess.

NO TURNING BACK NOW lol

Grinding that dent in the hood to make sure there is no rust

Getting it ready for body filler

And the hood is ready for paint

Front bumper

Hatch

That nasty hole in the door is gone after a bit of elbow grease.

Rust is gone

Sneak peek at the paint. A little darker than the Milano Red she used to be

And this is how I left her tonight. Man, does it look ugly like this :p

Planning on finishing all prep work by noon tomorrow if everything goes as smoothly as it did today.

justjdm

DB8 Whore
Can't wait to see the results! Should look good as hell by the time you get done! Did you do all the prep work yourself? Good luck man!

speedin

The Transporter
Looks great so far, but before you paint be sure to fill the emblem holes in the hatch and the front bumper. Id also suggest shaving the side moldings. If your already this far just go for it, not too much more work and the results are worth it.