Omg!! Worst Brake Job Everrr!!!!

eds01teg

teg lover
its a brake specialty tool. it fits 3/8 drive extensions or ratchet the 'teeth' on the end will line up with the big "cross" on your rear piston. then you just turn it back into the caliper. no vice grips needed.

pudge818

BIG "O"
its a brake specialty tool. it fits 3/8 drive extensions or ratchet the 'teeth' on the end will line up with the big "cross" on your rear piston. then you just turn it back into the caliper. no vice grips needed.
aww nice!

So I guess 2morrrow im walikng down to Auto Zone to buy some vice grips for my stripped bolt.

rockadilla

thats right.
Haha same thing happened to me when I did my rear brakes lol I spent like 3 hours trying to fix it and then I found out by ACCIDENT that u haveta turn them in lol and I have a manual for the car too and it didn't say that

thundernoodle

Autozone rents the brake tool set for $55 IIRC its part number 27111. You get your money back when you bring the tool back.

pudge818

BIG "O"
Aaw man long morning! My neighbor let me borrow some vice grips and the came out. Got some new bolts in, then when I was going to put the caliper back on the disc it wouldn't fit.I thought it was because I had to twist the piston farther in, but I realized that one of the calipers pins the ones that suppose to go in and out, well it was stuck! I ran down to my buddys shop and torched the hell out of it till it came loose! .And now I'm at work couple hours late, but I did it!

mirrorimg

Good job. I had a pin on my rear calipers that was frozen. I replaced the pin and the boot and lubed it up with some new grease before re-installing it.

94dc4

My name matches again lol
The first time is always the hardest. I just drilled out the screws. They are only necessary for manufacturing purposes to hold the rotors on until the wheel is mounted.
I always put the screws back in. Its nice to not have your brake rotor loose when you take off your wheels. I think its lazy not to replace parts that you take off. if you have screws/bolts left over after you work on your car, you did something wrong.
I hate those screws. I left mine out as well. They are pointless, even without the wheel the caliper holds it on. They are a pain in the ass and 95% cars don't have them anyway.
Wow, that's good to know cuz I got new tires at Discount Tire Co. right after I bought this car and a guy there showed me one of those screws being loose. I was a bit worried but when you think about it, it doesn't make sense for the hub to come off when there's 4 big lug nuts tightly holding the wheel against it. lol

Reading this thread makes me wanna go change out all my brakes, but I have no money :( lol There's nothing wrong with em anyway, besides the fact that they either need to be bled or I need a new master cylinder.