? On painting a 98-01 Front Bumper

DaMn Dat Dc2

Wattup People I'm new on CI and I wanna know if you guyz can help me with something.

I just got a New 98-01 Front bumper because when I first bought my car the bumper was in bad shape.
The Front bumper had a Big Dent with Bondo covering it and it was really Ugly.The bumper only had paint on the sides and from the middle of the bumper there was no paint.So I don't know if the Grill was painted or left alone.

So is the Grill Inside the Bumper just left alone or painted Flat black or something else ?
I need to know ASAP because my Car is getting painted tommorow.

Last edited:

dc4whore

When I did my 98-01 swap, I left the grill unpainted, it was already a flat black color, which is the way I think it is stock.

DaMn Dat Dc2

Thankz alot guys my hometown site didn't even help me dat much but this site did.Thankz!

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Yeah. Just leave it that flat black so it doesn't stand out. It's not supposed to be painted. Gloss will still make it look funny

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Well painting that single support that runs horizontally across the Accord or 94-97 Integra doesn't look bad. That is the way they are done stock. But it looks bad painting the supports on the open 98-01 front end

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
mine was not painted stock as far as i know ... i had the car repainted cause the roof and trunklid were gone ... i dont have a good before pic though

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
The middle horizontal bar on my 96 Teg was painted. The supports were still black. My brothers old 95 Accord way back when looked just like that one you posted stock as well