One piece headlight question

heritage36

Maybe this is a dumb question, maybe not, but either way I want to know before I get some. Do just some of these have the yellow bulbs for the inside part of the headlight?I think they look way better with the yellow ones. but it seems like only some of the ones I see with them have the yellow bulbs. Is that just a bulb you could get seperately either way? Any info any of you have on this is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
All of the proper JDM 1pc headlights (as pictured below)
My Car:

come standard with the yellow fog lights. They are basically regular 35w H3 bulbs that utilize a cover (almost like a plastic condom for the bulb) that lets the light emit in yellow. They are easily removable if you didn't want them, or easy to put in if you get a set that doesn't have the yellow covers on them.

99% of the sets out there have them in, as a majority of the people agree that the yellow fogs look better.

If you happen to find a set that DOESN'T have them, you can find them online EASILY for $5. Or hit a junkyard and find any 1st generation Acura Legend, and pull the lens cover from their fogs. Some places will just let you have something that little. Takes LITERALLY just a minute or 2 to swap them in/out, so it should be easy enough to get the look you're going for.

Odds are, though, that all you need to do is buy the set, install and enjoy. If you need help with the install, just let me know. I'm glad to help.

916LSpinoy

The JDM Pinoy
i got my yellow H3 bulbs from e-bay for really cheap price...it's better than getting the dumb ass Pep-Boy's bulbs with the cheap yellow covers...if you rewire your Fogs to stay on without turning on the head lights and have your fogs on for a while...the yellow covers will burn...so i say hit up e-bay...

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
i got my yellow H3 bulbs from e-bay for really cheap price...it's better than getting the dumb ass Pep-Boy's bulbs with the cheap yellow covers...if you rewire your Fogs to stay on without turning on the head lights and have your fogs on for a while...the yellow covers will burn...so i say hit up e-bay...
the yellow covers from the legend are plastic and they're more like a capsule than a cover. it covers the bulb from about a half inch away from the bulb itself so it wont melt.

heritage36

Thanks a lot guys, very helpful info here, especially hondagod_666, thanks a lot!

mirrorimg

Are you referring to the lights where the lens is clear, and you can actually see the capsule?

Those would be JDM third generation headlights, and you would need some modification to install them on your second gen.