OneFastGSR's GSR

OneFastGSR

new rear main seal installed, also installed my oil pan. OEM japan rear main seal, cometic oil pan gasket, downstar oil pan hardware and downstar rear main seal bolts. Forgot if I got a magnetic drain plug or not, going to check. If not i'll be ordering one of those

OneFastGSR

Shaved the front of block trim piece down so the vibrant tensioner would fit properly

Installed glowshift oil sandwich plate, couple sensors, alt brackets, arp head studs.

Don't got pictures of how it is now but it's similar just few more small things, has alternator intalled. driver side motor mount, half shaft, etc, Cylinder head is just sitting i'm waiting on head gasket to come in should be today. Need the cams degree'd now

OneFastGSR

Golden eagle headgasket finally came in today, Installed it and torqued down the head,

Set the cams/inner timing cover on to see how the fitment for the cover was going to be with the vibrant timing belt tensioner, going to have to cut/shave off the circled area, also going to cut off the little piece on the cover that go around the cams on the top for easier cam swaps, Going to install the cam caps so that I can unbolt the cam gears from the cams, I don't have nothing strong enough to hold the cam from moving and unscrew them. Than got to figure out how to degree my cams after I modify/clean the timing covers and get all that good to go

Muckman

Not a M0derator
That's exactly why I got rid of the upper timing belt covers but I respect the attention to detail and I love the new hardware. You can use a vise to hold the cams. Wrap it in a towel or sandwich it between two pieces of wood to protect the surface.

Oh and thanks for the Vibrant tensioner pic.

OneFastGSR

Dropped motor off at friends shop AT's Imports last monday, cams are getting degree'd. Whenever I get motor back it will be ready to drop in besides transmission!

OneFastGSR

https://instagram.com/p/2bix0ava7I/

Got my timing belt on, going to rent a crank pulley tool so I can hold it and remove the cam gear bolts to put the new seals in, Then Once my cams are finally in for good going to install my ATI super damper. After that the long block should be done right after I do a valve adjustment on it. :)

(Right side cam gear bolt/block isn't on properly the block is messed up and won't fit. Got to order a new piece to hold the cam gear in place before I can torque that down..

OneFastGSR

Well I had some issues with tensioning the timing belt, I would turn the motor over and it would repeatedly jump teeth, I went and bought an oem tensioner bolt, and took out the ARP bolt. After the first try tensioning it with the stock bolt, It didn't jump teeth anymore and is properly tensioned, Now I redid the cam degree once again, And installed the ATI super damper, Need to get an impact and torque down the ARP crank pulley bolt and than I'll be able to adjust the valves and drop the valve cover on. Getting pretty close, I'm looking for a good GSR or B16 transmission atm. Got to go on a hunt through storage and find my intake manifold, clutch, etc...

OneFastGSR

Well s*** now that the motors almost done I might be right back at the beginning, I can't find any of my turbo parts, can't find my intake manifold/throttle body, can't find my injectors, Like every other part to my build is gone... I've looked through every single corner/box in the shop

OneFastGSR

All in fab twin scroll top mount complete, all in fab 1000hp intercooler, all in fab 3" intercooler piping is done but no pictures yet

OneFastGSR

Wow what a throwback visiting this forum!!!! I've still been building this car guys! The amount of work, time, money, sweat, tears, stress, blood, into this car is absolutely insane. I've completely redone the Brakes, stainless lines, wilwood calipers/pads. Completely re did the fuel system, Radium engineering dual pump hanger with dual walbro 525 hellcats, Stainless lines feed all the way, ID1050X injectors, the whole shabang, Was tired of dealing with factory ECU issues on hondata s300, so now she's running haltech elite 1500, Not running boost yet so I put a PLM big tube tri-y and carbon intake, Put a new transmission on it because I decided to go road course/street instead of drag/street, Now she's running a fresh 98 spec ITR 4.7FD transmission with a wavetrac LSD, long story short. Not a single expense spared still to this day! 2146