only 9 gal tank?

crussell2009

98 black gsr CLEAN coupe
So i've had my teg for about a month now, and I though the gas tank was 13 gal. However when I'm completelly empty and my fuel light comes on, I fill up and can only get a little over 9 gal... Is it supposed to be 9 gallon or what?

DOLCECULLO

Detailer
from my understanding the fuel light comes on when it's not completely empty, that way you have plenty of time to get fuel before you completely run out

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
ive waited till my light came on.. it went up to 13.7 gallons.. so i'd say, its a 14 gallon tank at least

crussell2009

98 black gsr CLEAN coupe
Well then wtf is wrong with mine lol, my light comes on, guage says empty, and I can only get a lil over 9 gallons in mine. 14 would be the shit. Shit my del sol had more than 9 gal.

bradster101

Well what I did in my old truck was hop in, drive till its empty and dies on you and then remember that spot on the gas gauge and your mileage... Just be sure you have gas with you so you can fill up

When my teg's light comes on i can prolly get another 50-75 miles out of it with no problem... Then it usually takes a little over 12.5 galllons to fill it back up... I think that last time I filled it up right when the light came on it was only 9.6 ish... So put some gas in your car and drive till its empty then see how much you can get per tank that way

crk_88

i know it won't make a big impact on how much difference u'll see but if u get gas early in the morning or late @ night u'll get a little more rather than in the middle of the day

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
I was trying to wait to fill up when the light came on. This morning, it took a while for the car to start so I guess it was telling me to fill up. It was at 12.7 gallons and the trip meter said 370miles.

I say, wait till around 350 to fill up if you really wanna test your gas tank size ;)

Ive gone as far as 430 on a full tank. No running the shit out of it. All baby driving.

BTW, its non vtec on an LS tranny.