Only in the morning when my car is cold

straub

What's up Team? Hope your football team is in the Playoffs!

I have a 92 Integra LS 1.8L

Issue:

It always happens in the morning. I start my car and after 5 minutes of warming up the my idle needle jumps up and down and then the car stops. about three minutes later I can start the car and will run fine for the rest of the day as if nothing ever happend.

Any idea what might be happing?

Greatly appreciate your help!

Straub
92' Integra LS

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
I honestly have no clue... could be IACV... or maybe a vacuum leak??? Sounds ignition related, but then again these cars can have their quirks.

if car runs fine rest of the day IDK...

MeanManMongo

91 LS
I recently solved this problem on my 91 LS. Same issue I had with my Honda Accord. The way i fixed it was by screwing down the FITV (Fast Idle Thermo Valve). Basically its a sensor mounted on the throttle body with 3 tiny 10mm Bolts and 2 clamped coolant hoses. Steps I did myself..

1. Remove your air intake from the throttle body.
2. Locate your FITV directly under your throttle body.
3. Un-clamp the 2 coolant hoses from its back side
4. Unscrew 3 of the 10mm bolts mounted into your TB
4. Once you have the sensor in your hand, unscrew the 2 Philips screws over the sensor.
5. When you open your sensor, you will see a spring loaded valve in the middle of a yellowish ring with a flat head screwdriver indention on either sides. (seeing as how you already have the sensor out, I would unscrew the yellow ring all the way out like you would any other screw and clean the sensors internal parts with a parts cleaner you get from auto zone.)
6. With the sensor back in weather you clean it or not, your going to screw the sensor all the way back down with a flat head untill it bottoms out.
7. After it bottoms out, go and unscrew it about a half a turn so that its not resting on the bottom.
8. Once you have done all that, go and mount it back on the TB and attach the coolant hoses and see how it runs.

Like I said, same issue with my accord and it was the exact same sensor I dealt with on my DA. It was only a little more work on the DA because its not mounted up top like it is on the 2nd gen accords. I hope this helps!!!!! Good luck!