opinion and help por favor

miqueaseli

So here it goes. Have a 2000 integra ls. Did head gasket 6 months ago. Been putting like 10 quarts of oil since. Car started to tremble like he'll on Saturday. Took to mechanic's did tune up and changed oil distributor. Car still shakes like he'll told need engine swap. My question I live the Inland Empire in California. I know there's a lot places to get jdm b18c5 . Was told if doing engine swap to do transmission water pump and timing belt . All in total 2200 dollars. Told not worth to rebuild a 220k mile engine. So is anybody here local or know a good place to do this or a monkey wrench I'm going to get all parts hopefully in three months. Or just sell she'll for 1500 bucks it's a four door all original no accidents just frustrated and stressed out don't want to pour more money in car. But don't want to buy someone's else's problem either. Any input will help me a bunch thanks

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
A coherent explanation of your issue would help.

Car burns oil, sees mechanic, mechanic changes some random shit, car "shakes", mechanic says buy new engine.

Did you even ask why he said you need a new engine? You aren't going to buy a legit B18c5+new trans+get timing and water pump done for 2200, not a chance in hell.

miqueaseli

A coherent explanation of your issue would help.

Car burns oil, sees mechanic, mechanic changes some random s***, car "shakes", mechanic says buy new engine.

Did you even ask why he said you need a new engine? You aren't going to buy a legit B18c5+new trans+get timing and water pump done for 2200, not a chance in hell.
When they took out the spark plugs burnt oil all over them misfire cylender4 codes oil and gas in exhaust and in catalytic convertor. I knew had it coming put 12 quarts of oil in 6 months span. No leaks in my driveway . There's websites that sell the jdm engines soshin USA in Lynnwood ca. Quoted me 825 for engine with 50k miles and 350 for tranny.

miqueaseli

But if it's going to cost like 3 grand to fix probably going to part it out then junk yard

JordanB21

it wouldn't cost 3 grand to fix is my bet, and obviosily im no true mechanic but a rebuild hypothetically would cost less, especially for parts.
inspect the pistons and rods
get new rings, rebuild the head on the cheap or expensive time, by just replacing the valve stem seals and check all the pieces in the head.
head gasket kit
new thrust washers and crankshaft bearings.

I think total in parts is way less than 2000.
Plus you could pick up some gsr tranny with the rest of cash.
If I had 2200 I could do a fuck ton.

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
There's websites that sell the jdm engines soshin USA in Lynnwood ca. Quoted me 825 for engine with 50k miles and 350 for tranny.
That price would be for a B18B engine with nothing else, exact same as the B18B1 engine in the united states.

Common prices for JDM B18C-R with S80 LSD trans and ECU, the complete JDM Type R swap, are usually around $3500-4000 just for the parts.
Even the JDM B18C from the GS-R with a complete swap is usually around $3000.

In Japan, the engine stamps for the GS-R and Type R are both the same. Both engines are stamped B18C. The US has the B18C1 and B18C5.
Be aware of places selling the JDM GS-R B18C under the name of the JDM Type R B18C.
Only way to tell the difference between the engines is to look at the head, there are a few minor differences between the GS-R and Type R head.

Nick_C78

Buy a b20 long block from MoshiMoshi for 500 bucks and be on your way. Done and done. You can probably even get it installed for cheap. A lot of people on this forum are in SoCal too and you might be able to pay some of them to do it. If I had more time I would just do it for you. Would only take an afternoon to swap in a long block. Maybe 4 hours, start to finish.

That is my advice though, buy a b20 long block from moshimoshi or Hmotorsonline and have it installed. If your trans is fine I see no reason to swap it out.

miqueaseli

Update took valve cover off . Orings on valve cover had caked burnt oil on them cleaned them checked all spark plugs again all good . The only thing that's keep popping up misfire cylinder four. While engine on removed spark wire from engine all but engine cylinder 4 would make engine sputter and almost seem to turn off. Spark plug wire 4 no difference at all like if not working.

miqueaseli

sounds like the HG was not done properly. Why did the HG need to be replaced in the first place?
Did the hg because started overheating like crazy and would spill water when filled reservoir. You may be right probably wasn't done right. Since I did the head gasket 6 months ago put on like 12-14 quarts of oil . So questions. Where's oil going too? To my catalytic converter? Or is engine burning it all up there's not a drop of oil where I park at home but the back bumper has the cloud of black exhaust pretty visible.

Russell D

Was the head and block check for warp when the headgasket was done?

Also have you done a compression test? For the little bit of work that is it will tell you quite a bit.