Opinion on Sidemarkers

Sidemarkers?

• Total voters

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
Vote on how i should us them:

A. Wire direct to the OEM sidemarker on the tail light

B. Eliminate the OEM tail light sidemarker and just us the new one on the bumper

C. Make a turn signal

also let me know what you think, at first i thought they looked weird, but they grew on me.

Robbdance

Straight Pipes
Unless you like getting rear-ended, I wouldn't suggest option B.

I'd just tie them in with the signals on the tail lights. Simple & effective.

Last edited:

dlo253

??? Lots of cars have red turn signals...don't see why it would be more likely to get hit.
I say option a or c.

R13

The other asshole
Yep, I'm tied between A & C

I like A but I already voted C

Robbdance

Straight Pipes
??? Lots of cars have red turn signals...don't see why it would be more likely to get hit.
My car has red turn signals.

They're also located on the tail lights, not on the side of the rear bumper.

Unless I'm completely oblivious to what "side markers" the OP is talking about - but that is doubtful.

dlo253

Yeah, I guess I don't get why you think he would get rear ended is all. It would be in sync with the blinker on the correct side of the cars. Tons of cars have rear side markers that are in that location.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
run a constant power (parking lights) on the positive side and splice the negative from the blinker so itll stay on and blink opposite when used. itll blink the same time when lights are off.

Posted from my Glade Air Freshener using Tapatalk.

Robbdance

Straight Pipes
I think I misread that.
I could have sworn the second option said "eliminate the side marker and use the new one" - meaning get rid of his tun signal and use the one on the side.

I don't know. We'll blame this one on a long day at work.

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
I'm really turn between B and C, because option I feel it would be to many lights on, I'm avoiding the spaceship look

mirrorimg

He misnamed the tail light turn signal as a sidemarker. Thats why you guys are confused. Option 2 means remove bulb from tail light signal, use marker on the bumper facing opposing lanes.

Dont do option 2, people behind you wont be able to see your signal when you turn it on, which is the whole purpose of the signal...

If it were me, I would have it alternate blinks with the tail light.

Last edited:

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
Lol option B is remove side marker from the tail light, it does the same thing as the side markers on the accord. The accord doesn't have a side marker on the tail light that's why they are on the bumper

mirrorimg

Lol option B is remove side marker from the tail light, it does the same thing as the side markers on the accord. The accord doesn't have a side marker on the tail light that's why they are on the bumper
Side markers are on the side of the car, hence the name. Sidemarkers arent in the tail light, or head light. They are additional lights.

Are you saying there is no turn signal in the accord tail light? When the signal is turned on, only that little light in the bumper facing the lanes beside the car illuminate?

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
Side markers are on the side of the car, hence the name. Sidemarkers arent in the tail light, or head light. They are additional lights.

Are you saying there is no turn signal in the accord tail light? When the signal is turned on, only that little light in the bumper facing the lanes beside the car illuminate?
Lol that additional light you speak of on the side of the tail light is called a side marker, hence light on the side. Accords don't have that "light on the side" so they are on the bumper.

I thinl C. Is the answer I like the must thanks everyone

dlo253

I think I misread that.
I could have sworn the second option said "eliminate the side marker and use the new one" - meaning get rid of his tun signal and use the one on the side.

I don't know. We'll blame this one on a long day at work.
Fair enough, haha. Been there done that.

Robbdance

Straight Pipes
He misnamed the tail light turn signal as a sidemarker. Thats why you guys are confused. Option 2 means remove bulb from tail light signal, use marker on the bumper facing opposing lanes.

Dont do option 2, people behind you wont be able to see your signal when you turn it on, which is the whole purpose of the signal...

If it were me, I would have it alternate blinks with the tail light.
That's what I read option B to be. So I guess I'm not the only one confused.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2