Opinions wanted on GSR rebuild

Bizzyb

B18C1 lover
I have a 2001 GSR, has been rear ended and engine is pretty much blown. Rear end isn't that bad, but my main concern is the engine, it has 142,000 miles on it and it's lost some compression, oil is leaking pretty much out of everywhere( dipstick, oil pan, valve cover) and transmission has the third gear synchros toasted grinds every time. The car definitely does not run the same anymore, so I've decided it's time to build her up to what I have always wanted and just make her a weekend driver. This is where opinions are wanted :) I always wanted to go turbo/supercharged, but considering that I have an engine rebuild to do I was now thinking of just doing a N/A build and boring her over to a 2.0L, I've gotten quotes at about 2500 to do the rebuild and at about 3000 with new sleeves. I have about $5000 to play with and ultimately will do as I see fit considering it's my vehicle, opinions are really appreciated, maybe from some of you guys that have already gone this route, thanks in advance.

Bizzyb

B18C1 lover
About 200 to the wheels would be enough for me, but in all reality I guess what my question is how to get the most bang for my buck.

TheCrimsonStar

whats the point of posting threads when your a a** hole and dont give the dude any details
The creator of this thread didn't ask for step-by-step directions. He asked for opinions, and I can guarantee he won't like or want yours judging from your post. Stop trolling and leave, please.