Optimal timing for high compression

Rattlecan Hero

Frame Banger
I need to know how far advanced my timing needs to be to get the most out of my high compression motor. I tried looking on google but all I can find is factory timing solutions.

Rattlecan Hero

Frame Banger
Not yet. Still waiting on the ECU to come.so I can go get it tuned.

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
I think we need to establish whether or not he actually has high compression and knows what ignition timing actually is before we can make any sort of opinion here.

Rattlecan Hero

Frame Banger
I think we need to establish whether or not he actually has high compression and knows what ignition timing actually is before we can make any sort of opinion here.
The f*ck? Why would post asking what my ignition timing should be for high compression if I didn't really have high compression. Which is 13.41:1 by the way.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
The f*ck? Why would post asking what my ignition timing should be for high compression if I didn't really have high compression. Which is 13.41:1 by the way.
Well way to clear up what timing your talking about :roll:

Cause I thought you were talking about cam timing not ignition timing. Your ignition timing is going to be dependent on rpm/load/fuel, can't really give a standard number. If your wondering what you should set your distributor at, 14*.

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
We cant tell you what your ignition timing should be, because its dynamic, which means it varys throughout the RPM, and like aussie said, it varys depending on alot of factors, including the octane of your fuel. Your distributor should be synced to your tuning program or stock ecu at 16 degrees + or - 2 degrees.