Orange county summer canyon cruises July 8, 2012

Local

I was leaning towards the skunk2 but kinda dislike the newer ones with the Skunk2 placard stamped on top, but heard they make great power over the old design.

Im using a p06 with a hondata s200 & the valvetrain can handle up to 10k if ever needed. Ill be giving church a call this week and see what theyve got to say.

he actually just replied to the original thread over on socalcivic. tho he mentioned that he was from NWP. i was secretly hoping for that also lol, we were 3 wide for a minute.

Last edited:

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
drop me an update after you talk to them, imo you should go see them in person

Oh i see he posted on socalcivic. Didnt find him on nwp since he didnt post on its thread. Tell him to sign up on clubintegra or TI.net! You know why i dont want to register there. lol

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
I was leaning towards the skunk2 but kinda dislike the newer ones with the Skunk2 placard stamped on top, but heard they make great power over the old design.

Im using a p06 with a hondata s200 & the valvetrain can handle up to 10k if ever needed. Ill be giving church a call this week and see what theyve got to say.

he actually just replied to the original thread over on socalcivic. tho he mentioned that he was from NWP. i was secretly hoping for that also lol, we were 3 wide for a minute.
The pro series is probably improved but who can really say how much and i have doubts its significant enough to worry about if you wanted the gen 1. Or just get the blox as its like the same copy. Perhaps the performer x though will really go well with your cams.

Local

drop me an update after you talk to them, imo you should go see them in person

Oh i see he posted on socalcivic. Didnt find him on nwp since he didnt post on its thread. Tell him to sign up on clubintegra or TI.net! You know why i dont want to register there. lol
Really wish I could stop by in person but they close right around the same time I get off work, had to schedule time off last time. It's been so busy at work lately don't even want to think about asking for more time off at the moment. Luckily my boss is obsessed with my car & is pretty lenient with giving me half days to go work on it. Used to own a 94 GSR himself fresh off the lot in HS. Now drives a S2k and a NSX. Maybe i can get him to come out to the next one :p.

Just a rough spot right now, but I've dropped them an email explaining my situation and if I don't hear back I'll call and possibly head down if all else fails.

Hmm performer x vs skink2 vs blox. I'll search for some comparison threads today. I missed a skunk2 gen1 mani for sale couple weeks back going for $110.. Shoulda hopped on it.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Sounds like my kind of boss. Performer x might be more in the range of those cams but yeah, research.

I also read some stuff in the dyno thread that refreshed my memory. I recall other threads in the past where people said churchs dynapack reads high and i saw confirmation charts from one shop compared to theirs, same car etc. Although this only backs up that it prob still needs better tuning and that you definately need better intake.

Also just realized that with the stock intake manifold on your butterflies open way before vtec kicks in unless this was altered also. Wat did they do with that?

Local

yeaa man the reviews i found of the performer X are making me drool. would be interested in the King Motorsport version.. but appears to work best on 2.0L, regular performer X best for 1.8.

The IM is completely untouched, so still has the butterflies in place before where vtec normally would be kicking in for a GSR.

Kimo mentioned he was on TI btw, but that he frequents NWP quite a bit more than there.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
You mean butterflies open in the same place they did before because gsr vtec was 4400, butterflies open at 5850. That rings well with your graph if u look at the torque, it dips right when the butterflies open and skyrockets back up when vtec kicks in. it looks worse than it is on graph because of the way its plotted because your hp graph still climbs when this happens but u can see that it doesnt slope upwards as much as it was until vtec kicks in. My guess is that your vtec on current set up should be right around where the butterflies open or you need to have it raised. Get an opinion from Raceline. Their open on saturday if you cant go during the week cuz of work.

Oh good as long as hes on TI he can see when the canyon runs are set up. Just has to watch the weekly canyon run thread in the local forum. Usually when i shoot up to the canyons its with them.

I kinda wanted the performer x too but went with the sk2 since i had one sitting around and i could slap on a carb sticker.

Local

Yea you're right about the butterflies, my mistake. Great eye, it appears to be doing exactly that. Even as mention with the hp slope, it is a lot flatter than it was before they opened up. It is practically going straight up when vtec kicks in also.

Here it is in case anyone else is following this riveting conversation :p

any input is welcome & appreciated. Ive learned a lot just in the past couple days from Tom & a couple others at the cruise. Great stuff.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Sweet! Rolling shots are rare and she took some damn good photos. I need a new camera... or s*** tons of practice... ok more the latter. Thanks for posting them blake.

Thanks! The photographer made it look good. Needs maor low.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Well heres my contribution. Most of my shots were crap cuz i was taking them through the windshield so here are the decent ones. Blake if you could post them on scc for them that would be great.

---Our good photographer for the day

---One... two... aww.

---Objects in mirror are slower than they appear

Last edited: