Ovearheating FTL

MACDOG

Baller, yo
Hey, my 94 GSR is overheating on random occasions, normally my car never heated up over half, but recently it has come close to red lining, so normally when it gets about 2/3 of the way, I pull over and let it cool down, this isn't ideal cause it happens not only on long drives, but medium ones too.

These are some of the issues that I've had looked at, just wondering what you guys would recommend.

The 2nd fan at the front of my radiator support doesn't actually work, I believe the wires are shorting out which is causing the fan not to spin, I tried cable tying the wires up which helped it a little, but I'de rather actually resolve the issue, auto electrician or DIY?

This leads me onto a second issue, if I leave my car chillin' in my drive way for 2 - 3 days, it dies completely and it has to be jumped, could that have something to do with the faulty fans from the wires?

I also have a gasket that needs replacing underneith the valve cover, would that have anything to do with overheating? I wouldn't think so, but that is being fixed shortly

Just wanted your guys opinions, peacceee

DOLCECULLO

Detailer
which fan doesnt work? Is it the one that is supposed to spin all the time or the fan that kicks on with the heat and A/C?

MACDOG

Baller, yo
which fan doesnt work? Is it the one that is supposed to spin all the time or the fan that kicks on with the heat and A/C?
To be honest, think its the one that is the A/C or something, not too sure - all I know is that my mechanic friend said it should be spinning haha