Overheating issue, 97 LS auto

bigjay0213

I'm having some issues with my Integra overheating. It's an automatic '97 LS.

After driving the car for a few minutes, it'll start to overheat if I'm sitting still. Needle will keep climbing until it's pegged, or until i start moving. The instant I start moving (I mean, literally as soon as I hit the gas), the temp needle drops instantly.

At first I thought the fan would be to blame, because I'm not hearing it kick on when I'm sitting still, but that wouldn't explain why the temp drops so quickly as soon as I start moving. Seriously, the temp needle drops to 1/2 before I'm even going 5mph.

Another odd thing I've noticed is that when I'm sitting still and the temp is climbing, and I have the heater on full blast to try to draw heat away from the engine, the air coming out of the vents is barely warmer than room temperature. As soon as I start moving and the temp needle drops, the air gets hot as sh**.

The radiator and upper hose both feel hot when the car's running at operating temperature. I haven't noticed any leaks.

I've already replaced the thermostat, and the ECT sensor (the one that screws into the block). Also did a system flush at the same time, and followed the recommended procedure for filling the system and making sure it's free of air.

Water pump?

97stockteg

I'm having some issues with my Integra overheating. It's an automatic '97 LS.

After driving the car for a few minutes, it'll start to overheat if I'm sitting still. Needle will keep climbing until it's pegged, or until i start moving. The instant I start moving (I mean, literally as soon as I hit the gas), the temp needle drops instantly.

At first I thought the fan would be to blame, because I'm not hearing it kick on when I'm sitting still, but that wouldn't explain why the temp drops so quickly as soon as I start moving. Seriously, the temp needle drops to 1/2 before I'm even going 5mph.

Another odd thing I've noticed is that when I'm sitting still and the temp is climbing, and I have the heater on full blast to try to draw heat away from the engine, the air coming out of the vents is barely warmer than room temperature. As soon as I start moving and the temp needle drops, the air gets hot as sh**.

The radiator and upper hose both feel hot when the car's running at operating temperature. I haven't noticed any leaks.

I've already replaced the thermostat, and the ECT sensor (the one that screws into the block). Also did a system flush at the same time, and followed the recommended procedure for filling the system and making sure it's free of air.

Water pump?
There's a hose that supposed to be connected inside the reservoir. If you don't have one connected. Buy one. Mine overheated when not moving because of this.