Overheating issues

DB7xsjado

Old Skool
I was having problems with overheating when my radiator fan stopped working. When it was getting hot it would start hissing near the t-stat, but the hoses are fine. I replaced the fan motor and got it working, then replaced the t-stat and gasket. Then I made sure there was plenty of coolant and took it for a test drive. Everything seemed fine, and I made it to work and back yesterday just fine. Earlier today around lunchtime I drove the car and within a few miles the temp started rising again. And the same hissing noise was coming from the area near the t-stat again.:evil: I never noticed any leaks and all the hoses seem to be in decent shape. Any ideas of what's causing this?

Suprman91

"Zip-Tie-It!" - Wisdom
Same boat as you bro, my radiator cap even popped off. I'll be working on my car tomorrow so i'll let you know if i find the solution.

DB7xsjado

Old Skool
damn hondas! I always have shitty luck with their cooling systems!

NorthEndGhost

man it could probably be the relay under the hood... have you checked the fuses? if those are both straight, it might be the temp sensor kinda under the fuel rail. mine went out & my fans quit working. you're probably losing coolant by evaporation... good luck

DB7xsjado

Old Skool
nope problem solved..just had air pockets. just needed to be burped! lol.. she's running perfectly fine now!