Overheating problems continue.

LsTeg97

Power_Hitter
I have ac but it needs recharged.
try it out and see what happens...:) what do u have left to lose man .... cost you about 40 bucks though...
only other thing i could think of is air bubbles somewhere...

Last edited:

OneFastGSR

Yeah I let it run past 180 before, I mean I always turn it off past 190 now because I know it'll keep going. I was driving today and just let it go until the check engine like came on for overheating. Over the last 2 days, I noticed overtime i'm losing coolant slowly. But everywhere I park I check for fluid on the ground and there never is any. So i'm not sure where i'm losing the coolant at.

scubajosh12

91 Integra
if u have a small leak its allowing the coolant to reach boiling point quicker and your losing it as steam. you need to get a pressure test and put that on there at about 12 psi atleast and find the leak

JayVee

2Dr Banger
This problems continues to persist with my car , and I'm almost positive its an issue with the radiator and components . Have you managed to get the car to operate at normal levels for a day or longer ? I recently did an oil change and flush of fluids and my car ran normal for about 500mi , but its beginning to make the same problem again . I'm with you on this thread , stickied .

OneFastGSR

JayVee, I talked to multiple people that I know that they're really good with hondas. All came down to headgasket leak, So i'm going to just park it for alittle bit while I get some money to get the head milled, arp studs, ge headgasket etc. JayVee Sounds like the same problem. Does your coolant slowly disappear but you have no leaks anywhere?

Charleetuner

Interesting.... The very same thing happened to me a couple days ago. I have a freshly rebuilt head and I had just taken it out to get inspected and overheated. I was good until I turned on the a/c to see if it worked and I went from half way on the temp gauge to pegged out within seconds, fans kicked on and everything else worked fine. I just happened to be getting that 02 sensor heater - 0141 code as well. Now I'm thinking you a/c recharge; but does anyone know if that 0141 code has anything to do with it as well?

Badass

I did an AC recharge and threw out my overdrive band in my trans. Not related I suppose but I now look at it as a 'superstition' such as, if you wash your car, it will break down on you. :lol:

Not sure if it was mention, but check your radiator cap.

Had the same issues, checked everything. Even had a EX-mechanic look at it to tell me it was the head gasket. Thermostat fine, hoses good, oil full/clean. Bad cap.

Car ran hot at intersection. Wasn't able to use A/C.. put to much strain on things and heated faster, especially since my AC Condenser fan is out.

After replace the cap, I cant even force my car to over heat. not even more than 30%, running in 103 degree weather. (longest waiting intersection, ac on with bad condenser still) [[also noticed this car seems to bipass the ac condenser fan if it's not working properly and engage the radiator fan]]

OneFastGSR

Been driving it for 2 weeks it hasn't been overheating at all. Coolant just keeps filling up the overflow tank so i just take off overflow tank pour it back in radiator and do that every day i drive. But today I drove it about half a mile and this is what it looked like in my rear view.

Now i'm not going to drive it anymore. Going to change headgasket get head milled put it back on see what happens from there. If the car still has overheating problems i'm going to let the car rot in hell and buy a bike.

OneFastGSR

Ok, Not going to change headgasket I have one more thing i'm going to try to see if it fixes it. I talked to my friend ( I guess you can consider him my mechanic since I always ask him when i have a problem. ) And he said my PCV Valve might be clogged. The more clogged it gets it'll eventually get your gas pedal sticky, which it has been and continue to make the car slower and slower then start blue smoking alot. Which it does now. Than I got to asking him where the PCV valve and stuff was. The previous owner of the car has a endyne breather kit on it. It's a moroso catch can modified by endyne (Energy dynamics) To release crankcase pressure. http://www.theoldone.com/components/breather/ That's the breather. He had the 2 middle hoses running to the back of block and the bottom hoses t'd onto the right side hose. But he had the top where the filter is suppose to go, He had a hose going to the intake manifold which was messing everything up. Also had a hose from valve cover to throttle body. Which shouldn't be there. So i'm going to fix all that tomarrow and hope it works.

Prozon

Kris
I can't quite picture the setup in my head.. but that doesn't sound like the problem.
Is the smoke white or blue? Easy way to tell if you're burning coolant or oil. It sounds like a head gasket to me honestly.

I wouldn't let it run over 205 or so, but you should see where it goes past 190.. 190 is "about" where it should be.
A/C refrigerant will have absolutely no effect on your cars cooling abilities..

Get it tested for a head gasket before you yank the head. Make sure all the air is bled out of the coolant as well.

OneFastGSR

Nomore smoke! Took the line going to intake manifold off, put a moroso filter on the catch can and put vacuum cap on the intake manifold, Deleted the hose from valve cover to throttle body and put filter on valve cover, vacuum cap on throttle body. Runs alot better now. Nomore sticky gas pedal, nomore smoke, alot more power, Now i just got to fix the headgasket leak

Last edited:

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Sounds like you a job well done and some shitty catch can work by the previous owner. Not sure if that was the entire proper way to do it but sounds like it was an option to get the job done and works.

francis_ja

Nomore smoke! Took the line going to intake manifold off, put a moroso filter on the catch can and put vacuum cap on the intake manifold, Deleted the hose from valve cover to throttle body and put filter on valve cover, vacuum cap on throttle body. Runs alot better now. Nomore sticky gas pedal, nomore smoke, alot more power, Now i just got to fix the headgasket leak
Hi men, can you put a picture of this?

OneFastGSR

Here's how it is now

Here you can see the line going from catch can to intake manifold, imagine it without the filters there or plugs, He had a PCV valve going from catch can to intake manifold.

Here he had a hose going from throttle body to valve cover, it was connecting where the black plug is on throttle body to where the filter is on valve cover.