Overheating question

OneFastGSR

Alright, So now i'm kind've mad. Got the car tore apart to the water pump take out the old water pump. And the propeller spins when you turn the part the timing belt goes around. So that seems to be working to me? Only thing left is it has to be a warped head or something ?

BankiBoi

Just because the propeller works doesn't mean its good lol . Was it leaking to begin with?

Posted by Thunderbolt using tapatalk

OneFastGSR

Oh i figured when the timing belt side will spin the propeller it's basically working. Lol He had it covered with hondabond all the way around it. That thing was stuck and wasn't no water getting out even if the water pump was leaking. Also it was a duralast water pump. OEM from acura comes in on thursday all i can do now is wait.

BankiBoi

If you weren't losing coolant and the seal on the inside was good then its probably your head or head gasket

OneFastGSR

Idk going to just put the oem water pump in and hope it fixed it. If that doesn't work i'm just going to take the head off and check to see if it's warped. The oil isn't milky or anything. I've had royal purple in it oil is super clean when you check it and stuff. But once you took off valve cover it had all pitch black oil and really thick lucas oil stabilizer type stuff on the valve cover etc. I cleaned up all the oil out of the head cleaned all the cam caps etc so there's no oil and stuff in there.... Now that i finish typing all that, the thick stuff on the valve cover was kind've green, Like anti freeze color... I don't think it's the head gasket cause there's no type of smoke or milky oil etc and there isn't any loss of power.

BankiBoi

I had a cracked head and still hit vtec just overheat after hour . It doesn't have to mix fully to have an issue