overheating

rudy068

ughh once again im looking for some more advice my integra started overheating a while ago so i recently replaced the head gasket and water pump belts etc. well now my car is still overheating but my guage wont display the eng temp so i think its not engaging the radiator fan please help and are the b18b1's know for this

stevoqb916

Test the fan motor hook up two wires to the battery directly to the fan if it turns on your fans good it could be your temp sensor its located underneath the distributor it can be yout water pump is bad it can be your radiator

wait does it over heat if your like driving on the freeway or only in the city at stop lights?

Prozon

Kris
If your gauge isn't displaying temperature how do you know it's overheating?
Also, hook up the temp. sensors or put a good one in.

JGvtec

a head gasket can break again.

before i even look at the thread i saw overheating.

Radiator
headgasket
also could be your thermosat. Since your temp isnt comming up.

isa423

street freaks
yeah im having the same problem too and i think its could be the thermostat. if thats the case it a cheap fix

stevoqb916

i was having heating problems too i c ouldnt get my fan to turn on so i wired a switch directly to it so if im drivin in the city i leave it on

isa423

street freaks
i was having heating problems too i c ouldnt get my fan to turn on so i wired a switch directly to it so if im drivin in the city i leave it on
how hard was it to do the wiring? cuz thats a good idea being that even driving to work im freaking out as i watch the water temp rise on my gague

rudy068

well i replaced the thermostat and the temp sensor and still no luck then i replaced the gead gasket and water pump still nothing??? and i can tell its overheating because of the smell

96PurpGS-R

LOLUMAD?
It could be a fan switch not activating the cooling fans. It may also be the radiator cap. My car was overheating and it turns out that when I wanted to check the radiator coolant, I had to remove the cap, obviously. When I removed the cap, it came apart, or in other words, the spring was completely expanded on the bottom of the cap. The spring has to stay retracted, something to do with pressure, not 100% sure.

Oh yeah, the coolant was bubbling and flowing into the reservoir, until I replaced the radiator cap.

Prozon

Kris
Did you do the head gasket yourself? Was the head machined? It's likely it was warped and possibly cracked. The block can also need machined as well. I usually just check my block with a straight edge. If you did it yourself, is it possible you didn't torque it correctly?

Coolant or oil funny colored? If you can smell it, I would definitely think you have a more serious problem.