overheating

Wire4001

ok guys i know how to fill the coolant levels so yeah its not the weeper or me lol. anyway i have replaced the waterpump, and thermostat and still its overheating. I am coming up with i either have a bad head or a cracked block because bubbles continue lightly coming out of the radiator and if i put the rad cap on it overheats after about 20 minutes. Any idea's or are my suspicions pretty much on par with what you guys think? :(

dopematic

Does your cooling fan work?

Does both your radiator hoses have pressure?

Did you bleed the system?

The Kev

Vtec? I have V-TAK! Son..
Check to see if there is any damage to your hoses, that's what happened to mine...

To add to the above mentioned tests, pressure test the cooling system and perform a leak down test. Until then, things are just speculation.

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
what ^^^ said...

small bubbles in the coolant isn't necessarily a sign of anything... I had those, changed out my entire cooling system still overheated every now and then, and was about to get a HG job done when I decided to do compression/leak down test, & had the mechanic do a block test... in the end it turned out to be that I had a faulty radiator cap & that the bubbles were from air getting in and circulating through the system.

start with the easy things first... f you are going to replace parts change the thermostat radiator cap first... also inspect your radiator for ANY leaks

Wire4001

thanks guys, i checked and double checked. so i had a shop do a leak down and it was fine the sensor its self was what was bad the air was from a hose note quite tight enough