p0500 code but the speedometer still work?

Excitable Kid

Yesterday, I noticed my front end was vibrating a lot and I thought it could be related to my ripped boot on my axles. Today, my engine sounds weird. It was very loud and a strong vibration was felt when I started up the car. The CEL came on and it wouldn't stop blinking. I pull out my obd2 reader and reads out 4 codes

p1706 which I don't know understand what it means

p0302- misfire at cylinder 2

p0500-VSS malfunction.

p1399-random misfire

96LSteg

Jemel
For the misfire on cyl 2:

move the cylinder 2 plug to another cylinder and see if the misfire follows it. Do the same with the injector and cable.

For random misfire:

when is the last time you replaced your cap and rotor? or plugs and cables for that matter? Also random misfire can be caused by poor fuel conditions. Check your fuel filter.

For the VSS:

replace it, its failing.

For the p1706:

Im assuming that you have an Auto. Heres what I got from T-I:

Ok...P1706 means that the tranny fails to shift other than 2nd-4th gears and lock-up clutch does not engage. The possible causes are either:

-disconnected A/T gear position switch connector
-open in A/T gear position switch wire
-faulty A/T gear position switch

IMO, take it to a tranny shop and see what the problem really is. It does sound like it's a bad tranny computer. Our '90 Accord had the same problem but no codes because there weren't OBDII computers. There were no first gear nor 4th gear. The problem was the tranny computer and the replacement was $300.
got that from HERE

read it....

Youre Welcome