P30 Pistons w/out Pulling Motor?

LSiNtegraDB7

I enjoy Integras.
I was looking into building my LS a litle bit (P30 pistons, port/polish head, cams, skunk2 intake mani, etc), and if I wanted to use P30 pistons, would I have to pull the motor out? I was reading a thread on HondaSwap.com about LS builds, and it said p30 pistons are really the only change you need to make to the block. Could I do this without pulling it? Excuse my lack of knowledge, I get my mechanic of a cousin to help me with everything, but I just figured I'd ask here real quick.

If I don't have to pull the motor out, I'd like to look into this...

j13

Keep It Clean
I'm sorry if I sounds stupid. But how would you swap the pistons out without pulling the engine out?

Rich-PMS

It's only an extra few bolts to get the motor out. And you mist as well replace the clutch n flywheel while you're at it. I think it'll be a much smarter idea to pull the motor.

crk_88

sorry to thread jack but i'm looking to do the same wit my gsr down the road n if someone could explain the pros n cons to removing/not removing the engine that would be great. thanx

Zero Fighter

MAKE'em SAY UUUHHhhhhh...
yea if you are going to do all that work just pull the motor out. Also if you are going to put the p30 pistons on the LS rods you will have to mill the rods 1mm on both side in order for the pistons to be press on correctly.

crk_88

would it be worth the extra $ jus to buy new rods?

allmotorryan

its pretty much the same procedure just with the motor still in the car u take the oil pan off pull the head unbolt everything undernearth and push pistons out thru the top then drop the new stuff back in i would only sugest it if u have a lift its just a faster way of doing a rebuild

i'm pretty sure he meant without pulling the head guys lol yes it is possible but might be more of a pain than it's worth