paint job

joexchoi

hey guys. just wondering but I've been thinking and I really want to repaint my car. I live in maryland and was wondering what the price range could be or if I could do it myself. The car I got is maroon but has so many scratches and marks I cant describe. Please get back to me guys. I need your help!

MattLaBonte

Why do you need our help to get a quote? Your best bet is to go down to a local paint shop and get a quote. Theres different levels of paint. You can get a crap maaco job for 400 bucks where they just paint over your old paint causing cracks and shit jobs in about 3 years or go to a professional place where they sand and prime everything before multiple coats which may cost around 1200 dollars.

slowLS

do what I'm doing....

prep and prime yourself. Do this part right and it will come out clean even with Maaco.

I plan on taking it to Maaco by the way. I've been working on mine for 3 days straight and I'm about close to finishing up. I could be done by now but I have to wait for the JB welds to fully cure.

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
i heard if you prep it your self, macco wont warranty it

99accord99

I Am A Painter And I Would Not Get A 1200 Dollar Paint Job! If It Only Cost 1200 They Would Use The Cheep Stuff!!! And You Dont Need To Primer The Whole Car. A Lot Of Shops Will Not Warrenty Prep Work Already Done That Is The Most Important Step Of The Whole Paint Process!