Paint question

DC4Dan

So ive been looking for matte blue rattle can colors to repaint my integra.. I'm looking for a Navy blue or really dark blue matte...however. it seems i cant find a dark blue matte rattle can ANYWHERE!! So my question to you is this. if i use a Gloss royal blue can i somehow make it a matte finish. i fear the gloss will not come out at smooth and even as a satin or matte color. ill be using krylon or Valspar BTW

DC4Dan

Why rattle can your car in the first place?
i'm a DIY'er lol. i love rattle can and if you do it right it can really come out decent. besides if i screw it up..oops, ill have to bring it somewhere:) Whats the Easiest color..im thinking about plastidipping it white.

94RS

No fucks given.
As much as I'm against a rattle canned car.... Look for Krylon ColorMaster ($4-5 at WalMart), they have both Matte and Satin finishes. I've used the satin, great stuff if you put on about 3 coats.

Buy a can of the royal blue you found and a can of what i suggested. Find a piece of scrap metal and test it on that first that way you don't screw up the whole car if it doesn't come out how you want it to

DC4Dan

Oh and to answer you. im really trying to avoid a costly paint job..i just bought the car and the paints not in great shape and the body is really uneven...not realy dented but you can see it in the paint almost like a hail storm or somthing attacked it..so im looking to do a matte or satin color to avoid showing the imperfections

DC4Dan

As much as I'm against a rattle canned car.... Look for Krylon ColorMaster ($4-5 at WalMart), they have both Matte and Satin finishes. I've used the satin, great stuff if you put on about 3 coats.

Buy a can of the royal blue you found and a can of what i suggested. Find a piece of scrap metal and test it on that first that way you don't screw up the whole car if it doesn't come out how you want it to
I think my best chances of it looking really good are with a satin or matte white. i like the krylon tips and coverage better than any other. should i still clearcoat it with a matte or satin?

DC4Dan

matter of fact...can i just sand my car down..with say 6-800 grit and redo the clear coat in satin to hide some of the flaws?

LoweredDC4

Jimmy
IMO you might as well just paint it yourself with real automotive paint. You can probably get all the materials for around 300 bucks or so and have a nicer finish. You'll be happier with the results.

95B18BTurbo

I flat green'd my old integra with like 12-15 cans of Krylon Camo Olive Ultra Flat. It came out pretty decent IMO, and it was way better than the multicolors it was before! This picture was a good year or two after I had done it as well.

DC4Dan

I flat green'd my old integra with like 12-15 cans of Krylon Camo Olive Ultra Flat. It came out pretty decent IMO, and it was way better than the multicolors it was before! This picture was a good year or two after I had done it as well.

I like it, im probly gonna do a test run on my hood this weekend on a matte color.. ill let you guys know how it comes out

95B18BTurbo

The only thing with the hood is, in order to make it come out well, it needs to be hung or it'll stripe easy.

streetskater

Krylon sucks huge balls. If you're looking for good quality paint, check out Ironlak, Belton or Hardcore MTN paint. They are all made for graffiti and have a huge selection of colors, incredible coverage and high opacity. They all have replaceable/exchangable tips so you can choose the width of the spray. I'd go for some orange dot tipsfor a nice fat line. Lots of websites sell these cans and tips. The cans are more expensive but as soon as you see how much better they are you will see they are definitely worth it.

Just my 2 cents as a writer

94RS

No fucks given.
Month and a half late and recommends expensive spray paint that will still look like shit as an automotive paint job when OP was looking for cheap....

Great.