painted valve cover..

tegg623

well since my cars not running at the moment i decided to paint my valve cover red last night instead of the stock boring faded black it was. i dont have the before picture but here is how it turned out .. i think it looks F'ing GNARLYYY :lol: but you be the judge 8)

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Not bad. Should've sent your VC to 8urcivic though. He's Clubintegra's professional valve cover painter.

tegg623

Not bad. Should've sent your VC to 8urcivic though. He's Clubintegra's professional valve cover painter.
i dont see anything wrong with what i did for 8 bucks? and not having to deal with shipping ,cost and waiting . not that 8ursivic isnt good ive seen his work and its dope as hell but i think i did a pretty bad ass job on it man.

bcartwright88

why waste money when you can do it yourself and learn. this isnt a forum for sending your stuff away and paying someone else to do it, this is for learning and growning with your own car.

as far as vht high temp paint i thought it was toooooo orange, im going to get a can of krylon and darken the red. i think the vht will work as a good primer and hopefully the krylon red wont flake off.

tegg623

why waste money when you can do it yourself and learn. this isnt a forum for sending your stuff away and paying someone else to do it, this is for learning and growning with your own car.

as far as vht high temp paint i thought it was toooooo orange, im going to get a can of krylon and darken the red. i think the vht will work as a good primer and hopefully the krylon red wont flake off.
yea it has a little hint of orange but not as bad as the picture puts out but yea i might try that... and yea i dont see why if you want to learn and become good at something why you have to send it in to be painted, it takes time and practice and sometimes it just might turn out to be just as good or even better then if you were to spend 50 or whatever dollars it is to have it 'professionally' painted.

bcartwright88

I use a razor to scrape the paint off the Honda motor company thing. Took no time. Masking it would take forever!!!!! As far as color I think I'm going to do a deeper red or a silver. I haven't decided yet

tegg623

I use a razor to scrape the paint off the Honda motor company thing. Took no time. Masking it would take forever!!!!! As far as color I think I'm going to do a deeper red or a silver. I haven't decided yet

oh no thats what i was saying is the masking part takes a shit long time lol but sounds like its gonna look clean man post picks when your done bruhh 8)

soggieb18b1

soggie
Thats dope as hell. Good job. Thinking bout painting mine white to coordinate with my car. I think red would be lame on mine being that its non vtec.