Painting an Ls TYPE R yellow?

Catman

I want to paint my 96 integra Ls the Type R yellow color cause I think it looks awesome yellow. I am also going to be putting the type R motor in it as well with LSD tranny. What are your opinions on painting a NON type R yellow?.. To me it seems that the yellow color is more of an "actual type R" thing.

Catman

Cool I just don't want to my car to seem like a slap in the face to those who actually have Type R's. Yeah I think I'll put the wing on it too. I don't think I would put the emblems on it though I'll keep it yellow sleeper status. LIke with the type r motor, color, and wing but I still won't label it Type R. I'm also gonna get the black leather seats for the interior too. I think it will look really clean.

mirrorimg

Not a fan of that yellow, unless its on a real R.

And you cant really have a replica R unless you start with an RS.

whitedc4

spa yellow looks better, carnival yellow is another good color. pheonix yellow just seems dull.

built_ls

my boy got a replica type r (rs model). got the jdm type r front end conversion, type r suspension, motor and tranny. It looks legit.
but he got it championship white. i like the yellow cause not alot of people have it down here.

NEEK94LS

Bro who cares, that color is cleannnnn, if its not a ITR it doesnt matter, it still will look nice. I wouldnt mind repainting my teg type r yellow but im already set on a bright firey red. My only objection is the type r motor but thats a whole different subject. Get that yellow and look like a badass.

ACJett

Enthusiast
I like the color, but I'm obviously biased. If you dig the color, get it. You only live once, might as well injoy yourself along the way!

8-bit

do what now?
x2^
but in your case you will have the itr motor to back it up in case people start to bitch about it.