painting front bumper

silverteggy00

couple of questions for you guys

two questions? i have a 00 integer ls 5 speed and was wondering what you all think of getting the brand new bumper from acura and getting it painted at macco will it last and look good they only charge $150 per bumper a loth better than paying $3-400 at a body shop

second question is about an alarm system is $399 a lot to pay to get a viper system with remote start and sensors on both doors hood and hatch and shock sensor all installed with 2 remotes for that price

let me know what you think

Last edited:

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
maaco is shit. take it to a legit body place. youre gonna end up paying more if you go cheap.

install the alarm yourself. alarm kits should come with the remotes and sensors already. theres plenty of how-to's on installing on a dc. i paid $130 for a 2way viper alarm and installed it myself.

Posted from my Glade Air Freshener using Tapatalk.

LoweredDC4

Jimmy
take it to a real body shop for the paint. maaco gives shit paint jobs.

98IntegraRS

find a used bumper on craigslist that's in good condition (no cracks etc) who cares what the paint on it looks like, your getting it painted.. Your crazy to pay 330 for a front bumper lol

supersilko

find a used bumper on craigslist that's in good condition (no cracks etc) who cares what the paint on it looks like, your getting it painted.. Your crazy to pay 330 for a front bumper lol
I agree with you 100%

sent from my phone using tapahoe 2

98gsrDc2

stolen....
Yep..maaco sucks...paint will start chipping after like 3 months...you would be better off priming it and painting it yourself

insanecrdplyr

Bring DA Ruckus!!!!!!!
I had my da painted at macco like 3 months ago and the paint is already chipping around all the windows. For sure take it to a body shop or DIY

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
or wait for a same colored bumper. i paid $20 for a same color fender on CL

Posted from my Glade Air Freshener using Tapatalk.