Painting valve cover

RobbieDB

I used Duplicolor wheel paint on my old Prelude. One coat of paint with a clear coat baked in the oven and it ended up like this:

There are multiple ways to do it.

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
wheel paint? is that safe? i guess if it worked out for you.... okay. i'd still stick with VHT Wrinkle Red.

RobbieDB

JDM_Conversion said:
wheel paint? is that safe? i guess if it worked out for you.... okay. i'd still stick with VHT Wrinkle Red.
My VHT Wrinkle red just came from Summit last week. I'll be using that on this car.

I knew the wheel paint was going to be alright because one day I got bored and took off the heat shield. I did no prep what so ever. All I did was rinse it off and let it dry then sprayed ONE coat on it. I let it dry for about an hour and put it back on and NOTHING happened to the color. No fading, no baking, barely any smoking.

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
damn, that is an old lude. lol. look at the ancient b20 in there :) my buddy mike had a 90 2.0 Si with that exact motor. it was pretty nice. i put an intake on it for him and he loved the car. sold it to buy an SUV though :(

mteg

Automatic Lover
I painted my vc the other night. I'm still unsure about the color. It's ok for the time being. IDK, any thoughts on it?

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
My VHT Wrinkle red just came from Summit last week. I'll be using that on this car.

I knew the wheel paint was going to be alright because one day I got bored and took off the heat shield. I did no prep what so ever. All I did was rinse it off and let it dry then sprayed ONE coat on it. I let it dry for about an hour and put it back on and NOTHING happened to the color. No fading, no baking, barely any smoking.
wheel paint is fine, it can withstand high temps...

so how much did you spend on the red wrinkle paint? dont tell me you spent $20 a can shipped like jdm_conversion...

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Anybody have an extra 96+ LS or B20B/Z VC?

midnightteg91

What i did for the letters is put toothpaste on them with a Q-tip. If you have it use petroleum jelly. that way you can just wipe the letters off wen youre done
I kinda fucked up around the H because i was in a rush and it was humid outside. and its not that glossy in person

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
wheel paint is fine, it can withstand high temps...

so how much did you spend on the red wrinkle paint? dont tell me you spent $20 a can shipped like jdm_conversion...
lol like i said before. we dont have any stores that carried the VHT so i had to order it. bungholio.