Painting

mikehinkle

Really considering sanding, primer, and either rolling the car or plastidip.

I know people say sanding is not required for plastidip but it would adhere much better. I honestly really like that satin look. And if I end up hating it later on I can peel it off and have fresh primer.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
You need a huge air compressor to paint effectively, even with a gravity gun. That link you gave for compressor, you'd be lucky to paint a 1inch x 1inch square with that before waiting for it to refill. Your paint would dry out before you got a single body panel done.

And I think plastic dip looks like shit; it doesn't hold up well, and it's a bitch to take care of, you can't wash and wax it like normal paint.

Last edited:

cborden

Jesus is THE way
Really considering sanding, primer, and either rolling the car or plastidip.

I know people say sanding is not required for plastidip but it would adhere much better. I honestly really like that satin look. And if I end up hating it later on I can peel it off and have fresh primer.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
dont plastidip it; its not permanent and will peel soon after and yes youll have primer underneath but primer absorbs water which means youll have to immediately paint it or youll start to have a corrosion problem. Just wait and save you money, if thats your black integra it does not look bad at all, my integra looks horrible right now and ive waited for like 5 years now to save up to get the equipment I need to paint it professional

cborden

Jesus is THE way
and that compressor is way too small to paint your car with, you dont need a huge one but that one is a joke. I cant even think of anything you could use it for

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
and that compressor is way too small to paint your car with, you dont need a huge one but that one is a joke. I cant even think of anything you could use it for

Nail gun, that's what they are intended for.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
No clue, but if it's similar in comparison of an electric impact to an air powered impact, I'll go ahead and say it sucks ass.

Amiguel6

Why dont you just get a real paint job with a warranty?? Plasti-dipping / rolling a car is the dumbest thing ever

cborden

Jesus is THE way
wish I could show you my car, the fading of the paint on your car is literally nothing my car is three different colors of white, the paint is chipped everywhere and faded everywhere, it has deep scratches from sand paper, over spray from spray cans, rust spots in the rear quarters and on the roof, my hood is also green and dinged everywhere. your car looks good compared to mine. to take care of those spots get some paint compound and buff the shit outta it.
check out this link for how to do it http://youtu.be/f0ubMCseM1c

cborden

Jesus is THE way
cant comment on the electric sprayer cause idk how it will work with car paint, ive used one to seal my deck and I can say they put it on pretty thick usually which means theyll have a tendency to make the paint run

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
My brother paints cars professionally, he said he's used Wagner power sprayers before. They're not the best but if you use them with a single stage paint and know what you're doing you can make it look really good. Way better than spray paint or plasti-dip.

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
Maaco is actually quite good for the price.

I've seen photos of sharp rsxs with $300 maaco paint jobs.

Everything is prepped depending on their paint and from my understanding they use less expensive paint.

Single stage paint to be exact.

Everything is taped off and prepped just enough to adhere paint well and that's 320 grit I believe.

And for the paint I believe it is DuPont.

I plan on taking it to maaco myself after I get all the dents removed off my car if I don't end up painting it myself