Parking Brake light comes on

Thekris

Ok so every time I use my parking break or mess with it (My friend does), the next day, it seems to come on on a cold start and stays on for a while tilll I turn the car back off and on. Why does it do this or what could it mean? Btw i have an auto

mdan9193

Mdan
That's funny mine does the exact same thing. Auto, on cold start, after messing with it, then turning off whenever it wants.

j13

Keep It Clean
Pop the hood and check your brake fluid resivor. Your brake fluid level is either low, or the floater inside is stuck. Make sure your aren't pulling the wires that go to the resivor cap.

I had the same problem. My light never went off.

cvc7chris

Hustler
actually i have the EXACT same problem. only on cold starts. my research says it was a recall in the filter inside of the brake fluid reservoir. i think if you go acura u can buy (or get for free) the new filter that has a new design that fixes this flaw. i heard you can also pull the filter off and it wouldn't hurt anything. i haven't done anything but that's just what i've read from researching this problem.

http://www.team-integra.net/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=7&TopicID=99036&SearchPagePosition=2&search=kelly&searchMode=allwords&searchIn=Author&forum=0&searchSort=dateDESC&ReturnPage=Search

if it stays on all the time.
-loose parking brake and might need adjustment
-low brake fluid
-try unscrewing ur brake fluid reservoir cap off and put it back on
-check for brake fluid leaks
-could be time to replace brakes or rotors

^^^ those are the possible issues in according to the light being on when brake off...

Last edited: