Passenger Side water leak 93 Integra

Inuyash274

Self Taught Noob
I recently acquired my 93 Acura Integra from my girlfriend. She told me that when it rains, the passenger side leaks water. Last night it rained and much to my dismay, I discovered water spots. They were dry and absorbed into the carpet, but I could feel them. I got on my back and looked under the dash and close to the door there is a large, white plastic thing (the heater core maybe? I'm not certain this car is new to me) and a metal brace that holds it up. That metal brace is rusted brown and white.

Does anyone have any idea where this water could be coming from? I doubt it is a coolant leak because I checked the resivour (SP?) and it was completely full. Any help would be much appreciated.

92_JDM

those rubber boundary between the window door could be the problem. it happen to my car too but it was in the back seat, so if it rain the back seat by the windows would be soak

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
what ^^^ said could be the issue, but the common culprit on 2nd gen tegs is your sun/moonroof drains plugging up and not draining down properly.

if you open the sun roof along the sides and in the corners you will see holes at the front and back corners. These are designed to drain water down and out by your mudflaps

sometimes these holes become clogged up other times the rubber hoses that run through the car pop loos and cause drainage into the car in the driver & passenger floor pans and in the back corners of the trunk or hatch.

best way to test this is to open the roof and pour water along the side channels with carpet pulled back and see if it drains at the mudflaps or if some is coming into the car itself.

Mike61096

17 yr. old Integra Modder
Yes you need to replace the seals under the cabin intake cowl. That'll fix the problem. Had the same issue on my 91 teg, I had to cut the carpet out and fix the leak.

dlo253

Yeah, replace the clear rubber grommets under the cowl, and replace the foam seal or just use silicone. Also check the drain tubes just for the hell of it. They always get disconnected, and clogged..