Pc 7424xp

JGvtec

This little guy came in the mail today :)

I bought it online on [B]www.toolsplus.com[/B] it cost $125 it was well worth it. I had a free code and got free shipping. Shipping took a bit long im guessing because of the snow. Was just normal shipping. All i need now are some buffing pads and ill be set. ;)

Came with everything listed
  • 1 Porter Cable 7424XP
  • 1 6in Velcro backing plate
  • 2 counter weights designed for 6in pads also one for 5 in pads
  • 1 free micro fiber towel(remember to tear off label)
  • 1 wrench
  • 1 handle to attach to either side
  • 1 polishing pad(white) its garbage have to take off backing plate each time

The Porter Cable 7424XP Dual Action Polisher has a 4.5 amp motor which provides a faster removal rate. Polish out swirls, water spots, oxidation, and scratches faster than ever before, while still having the peace of mind that the machine will not burn the paint. The enhanced power is delivered via the safe, random orbital motion that is proven to remove imperfections without burning.

The Porter Cable 7424XP Dual Action Polisher operates from 2,500 OPM to 6,800 OPM. The polisher is capable of working at faster speeds than the original 7424, which enables the 7424XP to remove more paint imperfections. This more aggressive removal allows you to use the Porter Cable 7424XP Dual Action Polisher for tougher detailing jobs and get optimum results.

dc2_

u should have gotten the rotary

much easier to remove scratches oxidation ect.

but congrats let us know how it goes maybe ill consider buying one

Last edited:

WAR 178

Premium User
porter cable makes good stuff, but to pay that much is a bit insane for a buffer lol. UNLESS that is a career move so to say....maybe you detail cars not sure. I got my polisher/buffer from harbor freight for like $35 with all the same goodies(not sure of the true specs of the buffer)***oh yea it also came with sanding discs as well. Anyway good deal on ur new toy, and have some fun

JGvtec

u should have gotten the rotary

much easier to remove scratches oxidation ect.

but congrats let us know how it goes maybe ill consider buying one
Yea, im sure it would be a lot easier to remove the scratches with a rotary, but ill take the chance with my PC and not burn through my paint. :p

porter cable makes good stuff, but to pay that much is a bit insane for a buffer lol. UNLESS that is a career move so to say....maybe you detail cars not sure. I got my polisher/buffer from harbor freight for like $35 with all the same goodies(not sure of the true specs of the buffer)***oh yea it also came with sanding discs as well. Anyway good deal on ur new toy, and have some fun
Actually $125 is a good price for a polish/buffer.

Your $35 harbor freight buffer will eventually slowly start to not work. I hear those break easily, and yes it is a career im going into. :D i will eventually upgrade to a flex later on.

dc2_

Yea, im sure it would be a lot easier to remove the scratches with a rotary, but ill take the chance with my PC and not burn through my paint. :p
u wont burn thru it if u dont hold it onto one spot for along period of time... and if ur going to this as a career u should get one and pracitce on panels say from junkyard?

Last edited by a moderator:

JGvtec

u wont burn thru it if u dont hold it onto one spot for along period of time... and if ur going to this as a career u should get one and pracitce on panels say from junkyard?
Ill get a flex later on. its a combination of a rotary and dual action. I was going to get a panel, but i didn't have the money at the moment.

dc2_

how is there a combination?
the rotary is direct drive which is why it offers more power
so how is is a combination
please explain lol

dc2_

lol that shits on steroids lol

pretty expensive thou i can get the dewalt rotary for less then that

Prozon

Kris
Harbor Freight ftmfw!
The only thing I've bought from there that I was not happy with was the soldering iron. The tips break. (It comes with three of them though lol.)

Prozon

Kris
Harbor Freight ftmfw!
The only thing I've bought from there that I was not happy with was the soldering iron. The tips break. (It comes with three of them though lol.)