PCV System Removal ?

DC2Integ

I ♥ My Integra
Changing PCV Hoses ?

im trying to add some clear hoses from my intake to my VC but i noticed that the pcv hose is also connected too 2 other places on the IM near the TB and the part that connects the upper radiator hoses to the block. so my question is can i run a single hose from the intake to the VC and another single hose from the block near the upper rad. hose meets to the IM ? would that hurt anything as the PCV is a blow pass system ?

Here are some pics of the shit i want to do but i see this is very common so i figured someone here has done it or know something about it.

you see how just a single hose runs to the VC ? so what i want to know is how run the other ouputs to the PCV system ?

Last edited:

wite2nr

that second hose has coolant running through it and you should be fine doing what you are talking about. intake to vc is one hose. engine side heater hose to IM side also one hose. make sure you tighten that second heater hose because after i changed mine i didn't tighten it all the way and i had a small coolant leak at the clamps.

DC2Integ

I ♥ My Integra
yeah thats what i thought seeing as how the hose from the intake is to provide fresh air to the head and the bottom hose is to provide coolant to the IM

patrick4588

Integra God
actually the hose from the intake to the valve cover will be more a vent for pressure and oil and blowby will get pushed through it into the intake. your throttle body will be gummed up and the lines will turn brown and gross. if anyone has ever changed their stock throttle body, you know what i mean. its black and gummy; its gross. my pcv is removed and i have a catch can for the pressures. my throttle body is nice and clean; only fresh air into my motor.

slowintegra1661

actually the hose from the intake to the valve cover will be more a vent for pressure and oil and blowby will get pushed through it into the intake. your throttle body will be gummed up and the lines will turn brown and gross. if anyone has ever changed their stock throttle body, you know what i mean. its black and gummy; its gross. my pcv is removed and i have a catch can for the pressures. my throttle body is nice and clean; only fresh air into my motor.
yup

speedin

The Transporter
You should still retain a PCV on a catchcan set-up. PCV is the actual valve, PCV hose, is maybe what your talking about.

This thread is improperly named, your not removing the PCV, simply wanting to change the hose.

The PCV is important as you all know (wont get into it) and it allows air in only 1 direction, using just a hose and can will not do this and you are there by hurting the car.

Keep the PCV and simply put a catch can inline on that hose.

slowintegra1661

i removed my black box and pcv system completely. i then removed the 2 ports on the back of the block and put some -10 fittings in. i have a catch can running from those fittings to a catch can. as well as 2 -10 fittings on the valve cover running to a catch can.

speedin

The Transporter
i removed my black box and pcv system completely. i then removed the 2 ports on the back of the block and put some -10 fittings in. i have a catch can running from those fittings to a catch can. as well as 2 -10 fittings on the valve cover running to a catch can.
"trying to remember the Integra PCV system, LOL"

Well, then you should go get a PCV valve to work in your system. Otherwise you are hindering your car.

patrick4588

Integra God
"trying to remember the Integra PCV system, LOL"

Well, then you should go get a PCV valve to work in your system. Otherwise you are hindering your car.
i dont see why you "LOL". the pcv system does not help performance in any way. it takes blowby and unburnt gasses and reroutes it into your intake stream, essentially infecting your "clean" intake charge. and yeah the pcv valve closes if it sees positive pressure, so at that point it becomes a huge restriction trapping all that pressure. that pressure then goes to your rings and after time destroys them. so yeah i think removing my pcv and allowing my motor to breathe and vent was a good choice.

speedin

The Transporter
i dont see why you "LOL". the pcv system does not help performance in any way. it takes blowby and unburnt gasses and reroutes it into your intake stream, essentially infecting your "clean" intake charge. and yeah the pcv valve closes if it sees positive pressure, so at that point it becomes a huge restriction trapping all that pressure. that pressure then goes to your rings and after time destroys them. so yeah i think removing my pcv and allowing my motor to breathe and vent was a good choice.
I "lol" because I haven't owned a Integra in years and trying to remember the routing of a PCV system that most dont even care to touch isnt easy.

You must have your PCV routed wrong if it closes under boost. A PCV should NOT be on a charge pipe. I found a B-series diagram for ya

PCV allows fresh air into the crank case and allows pressure to escape. If the pressure is not vented piston ring and piston ring land damage can occur from the rings being jostled around as the piston is drawn down towards the crankcase, fighting against the pressure.

patrick4588

Integra God
I "lol" because I haven't owned a Integra in years and trying to remember the routing of a PCV system that most dont even care to touch isnt easy.

You must have your PCV routed wrong if it closes under boost. A PCV should NOT be on a charge pipe. I found a B-series diagram for ya

PCV allows fresh air into the crank case and allows pressure to escape. If the pressure is not vented piston ring and piston ring land damage can occur from the rings being jostled around as the piston is drawn down towards the crankcase, fighting against the pressure.
you are frustrating me. i know more about this than you i promise. i didnt route crap wrong. a STOCK pcv valve closes under boost, period. there is a black box on the back of the block and the pcv valve goes in it. the pcv operates on vacuum and thats how it opens to relieve pressure. if you are turbo or supercharged, it is useless and harmful. and like i said, if it cant vent you will damage your rings. so i tossed that stock gay crap in the garbage and put 4 huge holes in the motor for venting.

Last edited: