performance parts

trelex03

ok, so i plan on selling one of my spare cars and using that money to buy parts for my 93 ls. So far the things im thinking of getting for it are:

DC Sports Ceramic Headers
SKunk2 MegaPower exhaust
Skunk2 Intake manifold
Skunk2 Pro-series throttle body (74mm)
AEM Cold air intake
Skunk2 Lowering Springs
Skunk2 Sport Shocks
Mishimoto performance radiator

my question is, are those good to start off with, and if so what other stuff would i need to do, am i gunna needa buy some internals for the engine to handle these parts? what else am i missing to start this off?

any input is much appreciated.

emd513

Not the 74 mm too big for what you have listed. And why DC header. Might as well just get the full skunk2 be cheaper. What's your HP goal

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

trelex03

what size throttle body would you suggest then?
and as far as hp gain, just trying to get as much from bolt ons as i can, later in the future i do plan on gettin it turbo'd but for now imma go with just easy stuff to install
(seein as how i dont know ALOT of putting parts in cars n such, i dont wanna go with a turbo off the start and mess up the car, wasted money if that happens, so i plan on gettin use to / familiarizing myself with things before i go turbo
soo as far as hp gain, as much as possible

ODRColorado

I have ran this setup up and it did me well

walbro fuel pump
rc 750cc injectors
skunk 2 intake manifold
70mm throttle body
cold air intake
4-1 headers
2-1/2 exhaust piping

throw this setup up on e85 with chrome pro or whatever u prefer and you'll run good all day with a nice significant power gain.

Nick_C78

am i gunna needa buy some internals for the engine to handle these parts? what else am i missing to start this off?
You are looking at it all wrong. Bolt ons are just accent pieces. They do not add power directly, they help unlock power that is already in the motor. Motors come with restrictions from the factory. The point of bolt ons is to eliminate those restrictions.

Also, figure out if you want to turbo or stay all motor and build for one or the other. They both require totally different set ups.

Let me ask you this; Why did you decide on the parts you listed? What makes you want those parts exactly? Not saying it is a good or bad list yet, I'll get back to that later. I am just curious as to why you chose those ones.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
level 2 noob alert :mrgreen:

Intake -check header -check exhaust -check... i/h/e covered.. suspension is a nice upgrade.. thats about all you can expect to do in terms of bolt ons.. the rest is just dressing at this level. I expect you to shave a few tenths of a second off your 1/4 mile time. Or maybe 2.. tenths.

You dont need internals for those parts. Need is a relative term. If you want to know what you need you need to know what you want. That is, build to your goal, not up to it in pieces. Try not to build in tiers.

99tegjawn

^ this. I can't count how many times I've bought something and replaced it with something better suiting toward my goals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
like others have said you need to know what you want to do... if this is just to add a little more oomph to a DD vehicle then Intake header and exhaust will give you that... I love my DC 4-2-1 ceramic header... with that and an AEM intake it has helped get my stock B18A1 motor running/breathing like it should and opened up the power band just enough to be fun for daily use...

I would however make a point that unless you are in a state with strict emissions standards (Like California) there are other header options that will get you better power overall.