Performance vs. Looks

Baldy201

The age old question Form over function or function over form?
what are you all about, post you opinion, If you so choose post a reason why you think the way you do.
Just curious. :smile:

Baldy201

I guess i will start. I am more Performance than anything. I just like to wind out the car to redline and hear the engine sing. It is the greatest sound i have ever heard. I always get a smile when i drive my teg and think that is all that maters, how i like my car.

Delerious

yeah i'm definitely all about the function over form, that way, all you have to do is make the rear of your car look nice, cause that's all people are going to be seeing :p altho, these days it's hard to drive a day without seeing some altezza tail lights on a completely stock civic/cavalier/mommy's ride, not many cars done well around.. my town at least, it makes me sad!:(
yeah i agree with you baldy... hearing the car scream at redline always gives me chills, especially after i installed my SRI... such a sweet growl at WOT now :)

Spectacula Acura

When I was 16 i was so amused with looks that was soo cool but now that im 21 im looking to avoid the little ricers with fart cans and book shelf wings, the older guys go fast and care less about looks i preffer to have no affiation with any group I walk my own road :twisted:
Peace AB

Britty

I guess i'll be the first to admit it...i am definitely all about the show. I honestly don't care how fast it is, as long as i look good getting there 8) Plus, i'm still learning about the 'go' process. I can do all the exterior mods myself, so the 'show' parts end up saving me money cuz i dun gotta pay ppl to do it.

Baldy201

Britty- if you need any help reasearching about your engine and how make it go fast, just ask. I know a lot but i am still learning also. I will post up some general information on how to make your engine produce more HP with in a couple of days. Maybe that will help :smile:

Britty

See, i don't ever plan to race it at the track or anything like that. If guys wanna take me off the line, take me. I really don't care! lol For city driving, it's just more practical to me to not mess with the engine. I'd rather not buy parts that I really don't need and won't be using. Seriously, as long as my teg gets me around, I'm happy. :cool:

But yes, if you post some stuff up, i'd read it. This tech stuff is so confusing >< But you gotta start somewhere. I learned about suspension when i lowered my car, now it's time for under the hood!

iluvitr

i think its good to have a little of both... you dont want ur car to look like crap, and you dont want to slower then your grandmas' car, if i had to make a choice between one or the other it would for sure be performance.

boobz

i will agree with most of the ppl here in saying looks don't matter that much. i like the saying all go and no show that is what i am going for.

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
SxySlammedTeggy said:
looks... i dont care what i can do as long as i look damn good doin it lol....
thatll be pretty easy for you ;)

Im a performance guy, and i dont mind a lil show, but my definition of "show" is "simplistic". i dont need a body kit or a wing to make my car look good to me, just nice subtle touches that only the well informed would know about.

DownShift96GSR

See I agree with Eviloliv. Think about it, you go all show and your car LOOKS fast but is slow. You go all performance, and don't go show, people will say, "Oh a little stock integra, I can take those." But they race you and BOOM, you're gone. But it's nice to have some cosmetic touches here and there. Nothing to extreme but something that doesn't look like it came right off the lot. With my car I want people saying, "Man that's a clean Integra." And then people who know me to tell them, "yeah it's clean alright, but that things hauls balls." You know what I mean? My exterior is going to include, a lip kit, rims, a new paint job, the factory GSR wing, all red tails, and eventually a JDM front end conversion. The rest is engine, ALL ENGINE. :cool:

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
mine is simple

92-93 Black front bumper
amber bumper lights to match side markers (my amber 90-91s wont fit the new bumper)
Type R lip
Thin JDM side mouldings
OEM side skirts

thats it, simple, and itll look mad clean