Performance vs. Looks

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
i like the cable trannies a lot better, just because i want to feel my foot pressing the clutch, i can feel if theres anything wrong with it. with Hydro, as soon as i touch the clutch pedal, my foot is on the floor, i hate it

DownShift96GSR

Eviloliv3 said:
i like the cable trannies a lot better, just because i want to feel my foot pressing the clutch, i can feel if theres anything wrong with it. with Hydro, as soon as i touch the clutch pedal, my foot is on the floor, i hate it
I hear what your saying about the cable vs hydro clutch deal. It really doesn't make any difference to me. To me though the hydro is quicker with shifting. Regardless if a car isn't a standard, it's a waste of time and money.......

DownShift96GSR

Well since I don't really know you, I can't say your lazy.......I'm agreeing on the "being easier" part. It's easier on my knee. I played football for 4 years and have developed some knee problems. People say I should just get an automatic to avoid further knee injury...... I just laugh at em, I mean I'm not that much of puss..... :cool:

sleeperintegra

i think when most people start out, they prefer the looks...but then when they're gettin pulled over every five seconds for their exhaust or something else, then they get smart. personally i prefer the sleeper look with the function. kinda keeps the cops away....a little bit.

DownShift96GSR

sleeperintegra said:
i think when most people start out, they prefer the looks...but then when they're gettin pulled over every five seconds for their exhaust or something else, then they get smart. personally i prefer the sleeper look with the function. kinda keeps the cops away....a little bit.
I hear ya on that. Me and my friends last summer got pulled over and given wreckless driving tickets. We were at a spot where people had been racing but we hadn't for like 40 minutes when the cops showed up. We all left as they rolled up and we eventually got pulled over. 4 cars by 2 cops were stopped, me being one of them with my 02 Civic with Wings West Avenger body kit, 18" Motegi rims and a shopping cart wing to boot. One cop was harassing us saying he was gonna pull us out of our cars and kick our ass next time he caught us. Needless to say that same cop pulled me over about a week and a half later and gave me a speeding ticket. And there's a list of about 150 "street racers" that the cops have (the list is by car, not by person). My car being in like the top 50 sucks. The other 49 are my friends/fellow "street racers", go figure.