pgm-fi intake on a b18a1

96LSteg

Jemel
intake sucks

what do you mean what parts are good to rebuild? If you are going to rebuild, replace everything that is worn or just needs replacing....

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Nothing on the b18a1 is engineered for performance, so not good at all.
And good rebuild parts depend on what you want to do with the engine.
More detail

da9_swagg

Ima want to replace everything in the block cuz i might go lsvtec with the gsr head in the future...is that a good idea?

96LSteg

Jemel
Might as well do it all at once. Its only a good idea if you are a good engine builder. If not then no!

da9_swagg

Cuz the block have highmiles according to the dash but the owner said he swap it and it have around 65k...but idk
...and my boy helping me out his good but idk whats better this is my first enngine built and i dont want to mess it up

96LSteg

Jemel
I would advise you to stay far away from LSVtec and dont go replacing things if the car is running fine.....

Twriddles

high compression pistons, forges rods, port matching, intake (not just a cai or short ram) cams along with valves and springs, turbo or supercharger. but all of these modifications are pricey, and if not done right or you don't have the supporting mods you'll just end up with an unreliable motor, and thats no fun. What ever you decide to do make sure your engine components can handle the extra power, and pay a little bit more for the right parts.