Photography Contest - Objective Theme - Downtown

g3teg97

Super Moderator
Photography Contest

Objective Theme - Downtown
You will have until 11:59:59 pm EST March 25th, 2007 to submit your best photo.

Rules

• Your photograph must include the given object. Ambiguous photographs that do not have the given object as its main subject or are difficult to decipher will not be accepted. If turned in early enough, you will be notified of the dq and given another opportunity to enter.
  • The image should be altered in Photoshop very little. What is and is not allowed:
    • Adjusting brightness, levels, and contrast are allowed.
    • Adding a border is allowed. However, the border should not cover up very much of the image. This may be up to my discretion, but I will PM you about a violation upon reciept of the image.
    • No filters are allowed.
    • No airbrushing is allowed.
    • Adding a new figure into the photo that was not in the original scene is prohibited.
    • Adding new light effects should not be used heavily if at all, and will be up to my personal discretion whether it is allowed or not.
    • Cropping is allowed.
    • Combining two or more pictures into one, unless it creates a panaromic scene of the actual area is prohibited.
  • After recieval of your photo I may request the untouched original to determine if it will be accepted or not. So please have that ready, or send it to me with the slightly altered photo.
  • I request that you use www.imageshack.us and their thumbnail feature.
Please keep your file size 300k or smaller and at a resolution near 800x600.
Failure to do so will result in a PM stating that your photo doesn't meet the size/resolution requirements.

Use the "Save for Web" feature in Photoshop to help reduce file size.
Same rules apply for ROTM. Voting will start sometime on March 26th and end 5 days later.

JSPEC Ek9

- VeLoCiTy -
Werd....i'll give this a try.

I wonder if Justin will make me a Photography moderator....what you think?

JSPEC Ek9

- VeLoCiTy -
Ominous G2 said:
What exactly is the job description of a photo mod?
um....basically what you guys do but just only in the photography area....lol

Todd

token ex-mod
i might throw in an entry.... for shits and/or giggles

edit- whoa... seeing my sig brings back some memories
i almost miss the gsRizzle :lol:

Last edited:

Todd

token ex-mod
JSPEC Ek9 said:
um....basically what you guys do but just only in the photography area....lol
i just dont think this place has enough traffic or members bro, it hasnt quite caught up to cc.com yet

cc.com = 37,830 members and 1,620,886 posts
ci.com = 4,998 members and 158,307 posts

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
woah! its like return of the old members!!! lol

Todd

token ex-mod
Kuchtaboy said:
lol, well I haven't seen you on here before, but i do remember you from when i first joined.

welcome back! lol

hahah, well thanks i guess
if i remember correctly, this place has doubled its membership since i last posted here :thumbs up
but for some reason its not letting me access my modcp :lol:

also, i just submitted a photo :eek:k:

Last edited:

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
I don't think I'll be submitting this round... Our downtown isn't really the same downtown as you'd expect in a different town. Maybe I can get something done this week while I'm at school, but I'm hightly doubting it...

Who's all in so far? just J-spec and Todd?

JSPEC Ek9

- VeLoCiTy -
i didn't submit my picture yet, i'm in georgia right now and i took some pictures of downtown, but no software to edit it....my brother in-law comp sucks. lol

JSPEC Ek9

- VeLoCiTy -
damn, if todd enters i know i won't have a chance of winning...lol, plus i'm an amatuer photographer still learning my D80.

Todd

token ex-mod
JSPEC Ek9 said:
damn, if todd enters i know i won't have a chance of winning...lol, plus i'm an amatuer photographer still learning my D80.
oh... you got a shot.... a good shot :lol: