Pic of SiR - G?

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
faylo604 said:
i think the type R was first introduced in 1995 for japan? hahaha i forgot... check out GRAN TURISMO!! lol
96 brother

You can tell from the 98 spec R by the 4 lugs and the rear pre 98 bumper

Richeeeees ITR

faylo604

cabezzzdb8 said:
96 brother

You can tell from the 98 spec R by the 4 lugs and the rear pre 98 bumper

Richeeeees ITR

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Integra

"Type R
Beginning in 1995, Honda produced the first iteration of Integra to receive the "Type-R" badge, building it from the DC2 chassis. This model is called the Integra Type-R (ITR). The 2nd DC2-generation Integra Type-R had a B18C VTEC with maximum output in the range of 200 HP, increased over the more common 129 HP ZC and 180hp B18C engine in other Integra models. Other changes in the new Type-R Integra included various alterations to the chassis to improve handling and reduce weight (such as better welding of the frame, and removal of the radio and noise-suppressing materials). The DC2 Integra Type-R also includes aeroform bumpers, spolier, Type-R specific badging, Recaro seats and Momo Steering wheel. The movie titled, "Best Motoring: Type-R Legend" goes into great detail about the DC2 ITR.

In 2001, Honda announced the release of the Integra Type-R for the new DC5 chassis. a more sporty variant of the most recent model of Integra and successor to the DC2 Integra Type-R. The DC5 Integra Type-R's K20A i-VTEC powerplant has a specific output of 220 HP at 8500 rpm, a six-speed manual transmission, a reworked exterior that is very similar to the older DC2 design, and also includes aeroform bumpers, spoiler, and 17 in wheels. The interior of the new Type-R, like the DC2, includes Recaro seats and a Momo steering wheel, and the model also includes Type-R-specific badging and a helical limited-slip differential (LSD). The movie titled, "Best Motoring: New M3 Takes on JDM Super Sports!" goes into detail on the new DC5 ITR.
"

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
They were 96 spec R's since honda revamped the front end for the 96 model year, but the more info for everyone the better, Thanks

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
maybe in 95 they started making the models for the Type R's but in 96 was the real year it was released in Japan. that's just my theory.

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
JDM_Conv3rsion said:
maybe in 95 they started making the models for the Type R's but in 96 was the real year it was released in Japan. that's just my theory.
They were released in 95 as a 96 model year

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
dc2GS-R said:
They had the DB8 ITR come out in 1996 over there as well huh
Im not sure, never seen one with 4 lugs, need to check, all the ones ive seen are 98 spec R's

EDIT: Found one 96 spec R DB8

Last edited:

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
ah! you beat me. i found one as well. i thought knew they had to be out there, just hard to find

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
Niceeee, kinda looks like my car from the back, also the tails are diferent in both 2 and 4 dr teg 98 and up, they dont have the black outline, but still retain the amber signal light

I have them and it took me an arm and a leg to find it for the 4dr

2dr

Notice that theyre all red exept the amber signal, not like the 94 97 that have the black edges

Last edited:

DarkDB1

Ahhh... Ok... When im done with my DB1... im going to get a DB8... and make it a JDM Type-R replica... It's just too damn sexy to bare :(

Also the 4 lug ITR's are not 4x100... but 4x114.3.... Dunno if everyone knew that...