Pics of my 90 Integra

acura90integra

Here she is. Let me know what you think! Bought her for $1500 and sunk another $4000 (most of which was replacing the tranny - 70,000 miles on the new/used tranny) - and believe it or not, this hasn't soured my taste for these cars too much. Motor was replaced with a '94 b18b1 by last owner (it has roughly 100,000 miles), but I updated the engine with the red valve cover, red air filter - (basically all the red parts in there came from me). I would love to add a red-top Optima battery and get a red radiator hose - maybe down the road sometime. The body has 152,000 miles. It's a fun car to drive!

Here's pics of the engine bay:

Last edited:

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
clean, you sure dumped a lot of money into rebuilding the tranny.motor... a bit too much.

acura90integra

It was mostly the tranny ($2900) - haven't had to do much of anything to the motor. I also had to replace the rack ($800). Also some other miscealleneous things (brakes, some seals, tie rod, timing-belt upper cover, crank-pulley, blower motor, etc.). Yeah, it sucks when you don't know mechanics and have to pay the professionals to do it. Oh, and I just found out that I need to put $255 into it for a brake master cylinder - :( . I have heard these cars are reliable and good when they get older, but I kinda have my doubts on that
- unless it is suppose to cost alot to keep it reliable.

Last edited:

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
its just because its almost 20 years old. looks good though

Nighthawk

Goes Vroom in the Night
Valve cover looks pretty nice. I'd get rid of the breather and wouldn't junk it up with any cheap red plastic hoses and whatnot. Instead of wasting the money on that you should take care of the rust around the wheel well. It doesn't look super far along from the picture so you can maybe get a handle on that before it starts eating away more steel.

acura90integra

Can I ask why you would get rid of the breather? I just put it on because I didn't know where else to direct the hose. And does the red Spectre connector and expandable hose really look that bad? I replaced the hose on it because the other metal tubing had two holes in it and AutoZone only had the connector and plastic expandable hose (they didn't have the 2.5 inch tubing I needed). I have sanded down the rust and I just sprayed on white rustoleum paint (as I have heard that rustoleum kills rust, but have noticed the rust starting to come through the paint). I really am not planning on sinking money into paint - the white rustoleum paint isn't an exact match, but it looks better than rust.

Ballerin1

weve had a big discussion about that breather lol.
its inna thread somewhere, go read it.
the hose shouldve gone into the filter piping (think thats what its called)

acura90integra

I couldn't see any in-depth discussion threads on the breather. Anyone care to give me the low down on the breather? To me, it seems to serve the same purpose - filtered air, right? I don't have anywhere else to put that tube (unless I get a whole new set-up for the filter piping, which I am not really interested in putting money into right now - I need all my extra money to keep her running properly, or so it seems as of late).

OK here is my .02

Remove the crappy hose to the filter and get the correct size breather filter and then that ok.

Remove the autozone stretchy air intake hose and get some piping or even an ebay short ram intake kit. make it look decent.

Valve cover looks nice, quickly jump on the rust on the body and u may have caught it in time.

do a tune up if u have not yet..
new NGK plugs (standard is fine)
new NGK wires
new fuel filter
new distributor cap and rotor
K&N air filter

and then u should be set.

Breather filter thread

http://www.clubintegra.com/board/showthread.php?t=41806

again its fine just get a filter that fits the end of the valve cover, and rid of that tiny one

I hope I didnt come off harsh or like I was trying to be rude.. I was just saying it as is lol.. My car is not anything special.. I think your car looks quite nice.. I would just like to see it "de riced" lol and of course even more so tuned up and make sure it runs real good.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
OK here is my .02

Remove the crappy hose to the filter and get the correct size breather filter and then that ok.

Remove the autozone stretchy air intake hose and get some piping or even an ebay short ram intake kit. make it look decent.

Valve cover looks nice, quickly jump on the rust on the body and u may have caught it in time.

do a tune up if u have not yet..
new NGK plugs (standard is fine)
new NGK wires
new fuel filter
new distributor cap and rotor
K&N air filter

and then u should be set.

Breather filter thread

http://www.clubintegra.com/board/showthread.php?t=41806

again its fine just get a filter that fits the end of the valve cover, and rid of that tiny one

isnt th at the only filter that fits though?

but clean, i think you payed too much for a rack n pinion and a tranny personally.

but looks good

see how that one fits the cover... his is a smaller diameter ID so he cant get it to go on the valve cover.. this is why he is using the hose..

acura90integra

Actually, I am using the hose because the hose was already there and didn't think to remove it and use just the breather. I'll try to see if it will fit though. SpooledUpRacing, I didn't think you came across too harshly - I do like the idea of a tune-up, and since it's in the shop getting a brake master cylinder, I think I'll just have them tune it up. And what do you mean de-rice it? lol. It has the cherry bomb on it and the large can on back (almost too late for a de-rice). LOL. And yeah, SamuraiBlue, I did probably pay too much for the rack and pinion and tranny ($1,100 for a used tranny and $1,600 in labor - I had a Honda dealership do the work - after all, they do know Honda's right?). Thanks for the compliment on the car, though. It's a fun car to have. Hey, anyone know if it's true that Rustoleum should kill the rust?

Last edited: