Pillar gauges install help needed please

92nightrider

Hey everyone. I am installing a few gauges and I was just wondering if anyone could help me out with locating where I hook up the sensors at. I am hooking up a fuel pressure and oil pressure gauge. I knowntjt fuel can be hooked up either in line with the pump or be hooked up to the fuel rail I was just wondering which would be easier to hook it up to and if it is the fuel rail where would I hook it up to on it? I have looked and can't figure it out. Any help is very much appreciated! If you would like to email your responses then my email is hollister21guy84@yahoo.com

evilminion88

I ate the bones
Just get a liquid filled fuel pressure gauge and necessary fittings to mount it on top of your fuel filter, or if you have an after market fuel rail that has a port to put in a gauge next to the regulator. Its a inexpensive, effective way to do the same thing without the hassle of BS gauge sensors and pillar gauge mounting. "But its under the hood, how can I see it while I drive?" you may ask, don't worry. Fuel pressure isn't something you have to constantly be monitoring.

SnD3

I prefer to know my oil pressure, more than fuel pressure... The only time I can see needing it, is if you are running some kind of beast with 1000hp+... I have seen instances where the car would try to take more pressure than the pump could provide, thus was the need for the fuel pressure regulator to be more open... On our cars, it's pointless... lol

evilminion88

I ate the bones
Thank you, my point exactly. Maybe the only gauges you should look into is an oil pressure, oil or engine temp gauge, and a boost, and A/F ratio gauge if your boosting.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Oil pressure gauge goes where stock oil sending unit sits. I have a Jegs liquid filled fuel pressure gauge and it does its job.

I personally like knowing whats going on inside my engine. I like autometer gauges, I have a boost/vaccum gauge, oil pressure gauge, jegs fuel pressure gauge and an AEM wideband gauge. I will be adding an oil temperature sensor most likely since i have an opening in my dash pod lol.