Pilot bearing for a clutch , really loose shifter knob

Buffalony716

Integragsr716
I have a loose shift knob , and Somthing when I goto put it in gear , it grinds , but I don't know what the part is called , bushings . What is the pilot bearing do then? I mean I look at were the knob meets the clutch and tighten the bolt but felt like I tightened too much were it was hard to get in gear , so I loosen it up, I need help to repair a loose shifter

2kdb7

Your answer is no help
Your post really doesn't make sense. The pilot bearing is inside the transmission between the flywheel and the block. And if your shift knob is loose screw it on more or get a new one. Are you saying its sloppy going into gear. If so that would be a bushing. You have to give more info

Taco

If you are old enough to drive, you should have went through enough schooling to at least put sentences together well enough for us to under stand what your problem is.

Grinding into gear could be a lot of things. If it only grinds going into a certain gear then it is probably synchros in your gear box. If its every gear then it is probably clutch related

2kdb7

Every thing I do on this site is on my phone, mostly because the actual website confuses the hell out of me. But I digress. It's easy to look at what you type before you hit the submit button. It's just as bad as people who use Ebonics while they type. I completely understand if you are to retarded to speak correctly, but to sit there and type retarded it's just proof we are doomed as a species. Rant over.

Taco

Lol. I was just giving him a hard time, but it seems horrible on all thhe Honda forums. Also its funny, back in the day a clean Honda was a rust free all one color car. Idk how often someone posts a pic of their rusted out dc and someone comments "clean car bro"

Buffalony716

Integragsr716
well ya know when the car is drivin in buffalo since 2000, its kinda hard not to get rust with all that salt, plus i could see if u had a rusted piece, im trying to "clean" mine up

Nick_C78

What is this rust you speak of? And yeah...the pilot bearing is attached to the flywheel...it is NOT inside of the tranny and has nothing to do with getting your car in to gear. When is the last time you changed your tranny fluid and what fluid did you use? My money is those bushings not fixing your issue. It is probably worn synchros, but you can help aid those worn synchros with fresh quality lube...aka Honda MTF.

Buffalony716

Integragsr716
Wtf? I have a rust thread and I posted it on that one but appread to be on this thread? Thanks though, I found that kit for my clutch

2kdb7

What is this rust you speak of? And yeah...the pilot bearing is attached to the flywheel...it is NOT inside of the tranny and has nothing to do with getting your car in to gear. When is the last time you changed your tranny fluid and what fluid did you use? My money is those bushings not fixing your issue. It is probably worn synchros, but you can help aid those worn synchros with fresh quality lube...aka Honda MTF.
Yes I know its not technically in the tranny. But you have to remove the tranny to get to it so imo close enough. I had to do it twice :(

Taco

Wtf? I have a rust thread and I posted it on that one but appread to be on this thread? Thanks though, I found that kit for my clutch
Lol I was just making fun of what half of the Honda community has become. I didn't know you had rust, mine does too. And I have Honda guys tell me "clean integra man". Its just funny