planning a JRSC setup got some questions

98_gsr

hey guys-
im in the process of planning my JRSC setup but im hungup on tuning. I want to convert to OBD1 but here in illinois they just plug into your OBD2 port to see whether or not you pass emmissions. If I convert to OBD1 and tune will I be able to put the OBD2 ecu back in for my emmissions test or will it run poorly/throw codes? If not is there a way I can tune it on OBD2 so I can still pass emissions?

Thanks and Ill keep you guys posted when I start building!

jason_guy_yeah

Unfortunately, you can't really tune on obd2 nor plug it back in just for emissions because you would be taking a risk of blowing your motor (detonation). The best thing to do is to find a buddy that can help you threw blah...I can't really say the exact words.

98_gsr

I wish i had a friend that worked for the emissions testing place....i dont think i can register it another county cuz i dont live there full time

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
I wouldn't waste my money getting a JRSC. Most you'd get would be around 170whp. I could make more power going NA spending less amount of money.

heykosal

Angkorian
^True but you're talking just a base JRSC kit:D

Plus it would be a great DD. Nice flat(ish) torque curve. Instant throttle response and the ability to pass at highway speeds without shifting. Instead of making all that power up top it makes extra power everywhere on the tach.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
^True but you're talking just a base JRSC kit:D

Plus it would be a great DD. Nice flat(ish) torque curve. Instant throttle response and the ability to pass at highway speeds without shifting. Instead of making all that power up top it makes extra power everywhere on the tach.
True. I do hate not having any torque below 4K.

heykosal

Angkorian
True. I do hate not having any torque below 4K.
Ugh I hate it with a passion, but it's just how Hondas are so at the same time I love it. Its like Honda character you know?

But thats why when my car got stolen I was looking for another Honda but with a V6 like the CL or something. I think my exact words were "A motor that I won't have to rev the piss out of to obtain meaningful acceleration."