please help! car over heating

JLintegra

Mr. J
car is over heating like theres no tomorrow. checked for leaks but didnt see anything. and obviously there is smoke coming out. oriellys said it maybe the thermalstat. what else could be wrong?

JLintegra

Mr. J
oh and also... i put my hand over the intake manifold and its really hot. then i put my hand over the header and it feels fine. smoke looks like its coming from the intake manifold.

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
blown head gasket? i duno if you see smoke coming from the intake manifold area then thats my guess. we need more details, and your intake and header should both be very hot...

JLintegra

Mr. J
i dont think its the head gasket. the engine tries to cool itself when at idle. but when i start going the needle will climb to the h letter. this is city driving btw. not highway.

ZONE317

i believe water pump. My 86 nissan 300zx did this and i got it fixed but then it did it again so i said forget it and sold it

JLintegra

Mr. J
im thinking thermalstat too. and i did some searching its making me think it could be the water pump too. what a way to start the weekend

blaketeg

I <3 Boost
go ahead and replace the thermostat and see if it fixes it,,,,,there like 10 bucks at any auto part store and take 20 minutes to replace

JLintegra

Mr. J
my fan still works. so it cant be that. im about to give this car back to my friend. after i fix it. found a gsr for 1500 from a co worker. im paying 3 grand for mine with a wimpy b16 engine.