Please help i'm stuck!!!!! 1997 integra

Garrett1998

ok heres the deal i have a 1997 integra with the B18c and p72-1 head car runs great..... untill i turn lights on A/C on and radio, i loose my speed om and car starts to stall out as if the alternator cant keep up with the load the cars pulling i changed the alternator with a friends and im still having the same issue does anyone have anyclue whats going on i cleaned the terminals for battery and alternator battery is brand new i have a 30min drive to work and i BARLEY Make it in the morn with the lights on A/C and radio.... PLEASE HELP i love the car and dont wanna get rid of it????????????? :(

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Check and make sure you have enough tension on your alternator belt.

Garrett1998

alternator belt is tight the charging system is only showing like 12.4 at the battery when the car is at idle with no load on it

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
When the alternator notices you are using more electricity (lights, A/C, Stereo...) it's supposed to up the volts it pumps out. 12.4 is way low. Turn on some accessories and see if the number goes up. There should be a hole in the back of the alternator that you can stick a screwdriver in that will max out its output. See what that does if you can access the hole. Could be the alternator itself is fine but the voltage regulator is faulty. Pretty sure you can't replace just the regulator either, have to buy a whole 'nother alternator! Let us know what you end up finding.
- Aaron

1994 Integra

Correction. Coltage should be above 13 volts at all times. You want the amperage to go up when loads are put on. Turn ac on lights, radio ect. While you have some kinda of amp probe on the main alt wire. Amps should go up as you apply loads.

Garrett1998

When I turn on ac lights the voltage stays the same im going to check and see if I can turn it up like he said what it the correct alternator for the motor its a b18c look at my pix on my profile it will tell u

Garrett1998

Also when I pull plus side of battery cable off car dies butt it shows the altinator is putting out with meter just only putting out lik 12.5

Garrett1998

Just brought in the alternator to have tested and by itself it puts out 14.8 volts and when its in the car its only putting out 12.5 at the battery. So alternator is good, wtf is going on? Any info or suggestions?

Garrett1998

i got it it was FUSE 15 under the driver side dash its a 7.5 that popped.......and the alternator started to charge speed om came back and is running perfect........