=[ please help me =[

1996integra

hey guys...... i posted a thread on this a little while ago about my check engine light..... it still is on and i cannot get a sticker in MA. i really need help on this plz. its a 96 integra ls. different LS swap. intake. just rebuilt with valves pistons fuel rail intake manifold. runnin a p72 ecu. when i plug the sensor in it says a midfire on cylinders 1 2 3 and 4. i have a mechanic saying is a distributor... any feedback on that?? please help!

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
first run a different ecu, that could solve the entire problem. start there because you are using a gsr ecu, then try dizzy

TypeR?

do a compression test to make sure its not a blown head gasket.

1996integra

i dunno why its running with that ecu. i havent gotten the chance to even drive it yet. i jsut bought it like a couple days ago and thats what the previous owner had in it. and it just says misfire on cylinders 1234. and whats dizzy??

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Dizzy = Distributor

I'd start by changing out that ECU. There is no reason to run that one. The maps are made for a VTEC engine and it looks for a knock sensor. Your car has neither.

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
Is it actually misfiring? Maybe just getting weird readings cuz LS has lower compression than GSR?

1996integra

alright. well what kinda ecu should i be putting in. its just an ls swap. and what tthe f**k is a dizzy?????????

1996integra

nevermind i found out what a dizzy was haha and ya i am switchin it out but everyones tellin me WRONG ECU WHAT ARE YOU DOIN like it wasnt me who chose that ecu

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
I already told you what a dizzy is in the 9th post of this thread. It also doesn't matter who picked that ECU, I'm just saying it's not a good ECU to run on an LS