PLEASE HELP, neutral switch issue

CRT91

RallyKid
So when we were trying to push start my car the neutral switch or killswitch or whatever its called, ripped off from the wires because it is not located under the clutch pedal anymore i have to push the button down by hand.... now my car has no way of starting... please inform me and walk me through this unfortunate issue

CRT91

RallyKid
ok the switch is still good but yeah the wires are crapped now how will i connect it correctly because their are like two seperate prongs stuck in the switch

rexpepper123

can i wire a switch like this by my arm rest a little toggle switch i can press? that would be kind of cool or does anyone know of a write up on the push button start?

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
Omg, wire the 2 wires together and wrap it in electrical tape..DONE
That switch is usless, just remeber if you park in gear

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
hey listen assshole just because you simply know more than i do doesnt mean you have to be a complete smart ass about it and and about the neutral killswitch that doesn even go in to detail its people like you that make this forum look bad... go fuck yourself if you know it all why are you on a forum in the first place
thanks for the pm
i wasnt trying to be a smartass and theres a difference between knowledge and common sense, im on this forum to help people and talk about tegs...

if you actually need me to go into detail on how to jump a switch then here...

[wire]----{switch}----[wire]
there is no need for the switch soo... delete the switch out of the equation and cut the wires,twist em together, and wrap them in electrical tape. So now you have..

[wire]----[wire]

have a nice day

Last edited:

mirrorimg

Only issue with bypassing the switch is what you mentioned before, starting the car in gear. Did it before in my old CRX and the thing started jerking and almost ran into a car in front of me. Be mindful of what gear you are in or that you have the clutch pedal pushed in every time if you decide to bypass it.

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
yep, i never park in gear so i don't really have to worry about it, but if you do be weary!